Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Very First Blog!

Okay, okay... here it is ladies and gentlemen! Hillary's first blog! After spending the past 2 months reading some of my favorite new people's blog, I have been persuaded to begin my own. I wasn't really sure what I would write about... Jen said to write about my exciting life and the more I think about it... my life is a little bit exciting, kind of, I guess :) Here is what is going on lately in the Hull Family.

Well, just in case you have been living underneath a rock, Chris and I got married on April 14, 2007. I have to say it was probably the most beautiful wedding ever. Seriously. It was perfect. And I wouldn't change anything about it (except for the the song I walked down the aisle to ("Don't you know I've always loved you - by Third Day) didn't get to the chorus before I got to Chris, which was the only reason I picked that song... but it was OK). Anyway, the entire weekend was absolutely incredible. Our bestest friend, Jeffrey Melvin from BridgePointe church married us and we are so blessed to have him our life. He and his wife, Coty, are such a blessing and we love them SO much! And Jeffrey gave the most beautiful message I have ever heard at a wedding. It was an entire weekend with 150 family and friends. And it was awesome. Thursday night was spent with about 50 closest family and friends at Mambo's Beachside Grill. Dancing to beach music! Friday was spent by the beach ALL day with friends. Friday night was an awesome outside dinner with my Uncle Ralph (dad's old college friend) singing Buffet music and everyone danced until the wee hours of the morning. And Saturday morning was spent with my soon-to-be husband and all my best friends on the beach, then we all went to get ready! And Sunday morning was spent with everyone at a great breakfast. It was absolutely perfect and if you weren't there, you wish you were. :) Here are a couple of my favorite pictures.












My husband is so incredibly handsome!

Chris and I with his parents.
Chris and I with his parents, sister, two brothers and brother-in-law.
I love this picture... I do not remember what my dad and I were laughing about.
Yay! We're married!

I wanted to twirl!!! I couldn't believe Chris said, "Okay!"

















I LOVED my flowers! Oh, you like my necklace? I made it! Ha ha! You can probably tell, huh?


















THE HOPKINS FAMILY - My dad, mom, two sisters, their husbands and us.

My parents and I.

OKAY - enough with the wedding :) Here's more of an update!
Chris has begun is second semester of Construction Management at Southern Poly State University AND his second semester at Hodges and Hicks General Contractors. And let me just say that I am SO proud of him. After going through an incredibly difficult few years at Kennesaw in a major that he hated more than anything, God totally showed him what he was supposed to do in his life. He provided him with an incredibe school a few miles from our home, and an incredible paid internship with incredible people, and the ability to work full time and go to school full time and STILL have time to be an awesome husband to me. I admire him so much and I am SOOOOOO proud of him.

I am still working at Ruth's Chris as the Director of Sales in Sandy Springs.
We found this incredible place called Vinings Lake Church near our home. This church from up in Catersville had their church Christmas dinner at RCSH... and I randomly decided to ask the host if she knew of a church similar to theirs near Smyrna. She looked into it and a few weeks later, my husband and I walked into a place full of PEOPLE that have blessed us in SO many ways. We had been a part of a church up in Woodstock called BridgePointe for the past several years. It was incredible and we were so blessed to have been a part of it. But after we moved, we were more than 30 minutes away and with Chris' new work and school schedule, it was impossible for us to be able to connect there. So, God introduced us to VL. And we love it! We found an awesome small group that I love love love love love. We are challeneged every week to be stronger followers of Christ and we have awesome Christian friends now in our town to help us do that.
I guess I'll end on that note... this blog is a little bit long and maybe a little bit boring. But that is a pretty good up-to-date synopsis of the life of the Hulls!

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

Welcome to the blogging world. What a hot couple:)!