Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Shear" Magic...

So - Parker's hair has been driving me - and him - crazy!  He had actually mastered the art of blowing his hair out of his eyes and he was constantly pulling at his ears because his hair was literally longer than his ears and was always tickling the inside of his ears!  So - this morning - I watch a few youtube videos on how to cut a kids hair and we go for it.  We found a youtube video of Yo Gabba Gabba which magically makes Parker go into zombie land upon the very first  mention of "There's a party in my tummy - so yummy so yummy!"  Well - you could say I definitely butchered it.  Take a look at the hair cut about 5 minutes into it.... wait for it...............................
























Yeah - Chris and I were rolling on the floor we were laughing so hard - literally!  Park started to get fussy so we decided to put him down for his nap and we would try to salvage the rest after his nap.  During his nap I called Pigtails and Crewcuts (a kids-only hair salon down the road) and they said we could come in anytime.  Well - P woke up from his nap a little early while dada and Jack were out on a walk - so I decided to use the trimmers on the longest hair setting (1 inch) and try to even it out.  Did it work?  MOST DEFINITELY!  It's definitely a littler shorter than I imagined but it has also grown on me and I can't imagine him looking any different now!  He seriously looks like a little man - like at least 2 years old from the neck up :)  And he melts my heart even more... especially since I can actually see his eyes now!  AND - knowing that I was able to give him his very first haircut all by myself (with lots of help of my hubs) makes me feel like a good little mommy!  Who needs Pigtails and Crewcuts... not me!

After our success in our first hair cutting adventure - we headed down to Marietta to be with Parker's sweet cousin Campbell who was TWO yesterday!  Will post pix from that fun tomorrow - but I just couldn't wait all night to post these pix.... LOVE HIM!


His profile pic for his modeling brochure...

PEACE AND LOVE TO Y'ALL!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a handsome little guy! I have to say, looking at only the first couple photos had me nervous! Good job, mama :)

keight dukes said...

i am DYING. that first butchering is PRICELESS beyond belief. i can't believe how good the finished product looks. did you use hair gel!?!?!?! i want to see a pic of lil man without it spiked so i can get tips on how to cut judah's. his has been in his eyes and over his ear since he was about 7 months. luckily is is pretty thin so you can side sweep it. you are hilarious!

Meaghan said...

You gave Parker such a cute little "makeover"! He really does look like a little man -- I almost didn't recognize him the post-cut photos. Great job!