Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Late April, Early May Updates #1!

Because I am so desperately behind on updating this, and I have already received some calls with complaints in my lack of updates, I am just throwing them all together in two or three posts!

I think this may have been in April, but one afternoon our carbon monoxide alarms kept going off in our house!  The first time, we figured it was a mistake.  But after the second, third, fourth, fifth times... we thought maybe we should get it checked out before we just unplugged them and hoped it was a fluke.  SO - wouldn't you know an ambulance comes AND a fully loaded fire truck pulls up.  Talk about creating a commotion in our neighborhood!   It made for a fun afternoon for Parker, though!

 I have no idea why his finger is in his mouth... he never does that.
 I can't remember why I took this picture, but it was at Cinco in mid-April when we were celebrating our week of dates!  (Anniversary, P's birthday, C's birthday)
 I have decided on a few finishing touches for our dining room!  My friend Coty helped me pick out the clock and my friend Rachael helped me pick out the curtain fabric!  LOVE it and can't wait to have the curtains made... my mom has been making Caroline's nursery's curtains for about 5 months now.  I am thinking I may try to pay a friend to make the dining room ones if I want them in less than 2 years.

 Another pic from one of our many dates during our week so dates!  Chris and I enjoyed Kani House on his birthday!
One of Park's favorite things to do is help me wake up Caroline and get in her crib with her!  Caroline always LIGHTS up when he joins her and they are pretty darn cute together!

 I have no idea why I took this... but it's pretty cute.  :)
 Just hanging out in the stroller after dad's tennis match one afternoon!
 Agh - that hair!  It is a challenge every morning.
 So it may have taken us 3 months to get a smile from this chick, but now she does it all the time.  And it just lights up my world every time.  Never.  Gets.  Old.
 Park and I had a very impromptu McDonald's date one afternoon after school.  We had a blast chatting about his day and he was SO brave going up the tall, tall slide all by himself. 

In early May, Parker had a Mommy and Me Tea at his preschool!  I had such a fun time with my little man!  Here is all the loot he gave me!  So sweet!  I am using the little bird bath thing as a jewelry holder in my bathroom.

 Here we are at the luncheon!  His teachers did such a great job with it - we love First Christian Preschool!  You may wonder why he has a nametag with his own picture on it... well... I was supposed to be wearing it but he insisted on it.
 So that Amy and I could really enjoy our preschoolers at school, we decided to leave our babies at Amy's house with her babysitter!  These two are going to be best buds just like Park and SiSi!
 Caroline didn't mind one bit being left behind with Dylan!
 I love this picture of Amy and Sisi!  Ha ha!
 OK this one is a little better!  We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends with kids who are also wonderful friends. :)

1 comment:

MunchKyn's Teacher said...

Hi Hillary, this is not related to this post at all! In a recent post you talked about unswaddling Caroline. I am a Moms on Call fan as well, and wanted to know what was your deciding factor in unswaddling? I sent you a FB friend request, if you want to message me there that would be great! I would love some advice!