Now onto Caroline's 6 month and 7 month check ups! Her 6 month check up was a little bit of a doozy... the first thing they do is check her growth - which has never ever been an issue. So, you can imagine my huge shock when I saw that not only had she NOT gained any weight, she had lost weight between 4 and 6 months. Yikes! The doctor wasn't too concerned yet - she really thought it was a calorie issue so she had me try to add in another feeding as well as add in food (which I was planning to start at 6 months anyway). Up until this point, the ONLY thing that had gone into her body was my breast milk. I think it's so amazing that my body alone allowed her to grow from a tiny baby to a beautiful 6 month old! What an accomplishment in itself! I feel so blessed I was able to give that to her.
Here is her 6 month progression!
"Did we hear that right, mommy?! I have lost weight?!"
"Seriously?"
"I think you need to triple check your scale, Misses Nurse Lady!"
So we did as we were told and immediately started an extra feeding, sometimes added cereal to it, and we also started food as well. I decided to start with avocado since it's got a ton of fat in it. I was all excited to take her first video eating avocado and it was the most un-eventful event in her life yet. She literally sat in her booster, ate a bite, with no expression, for 10 minutes. I stopped video-ing it a minute or two into the feeding session - but it was still the most boring thing ever. Oh well - at least she ate it!
I was secretly hoping that between 6-7 months (when she would go in for another weight check) she would remain as still as possible and she would just eat, eat, eat in hopes of increasing her weight. Well - no such luck. This girl was ALL over the place the entire month. She perfected the art of "up on all fours" then the belly crawl. She was a little shocked at her fast learning skills too - as you can tell!
Her eating sessions became a little more fun as she would at least start to smile while eating... anything is better than her "scowl" that I've come to know and love so much.... sort of kidding... sort of not.
Not only was she scooting all over the house in between month 6 and 7, she started standing up in her crib! I walked into her room one evening after her cat nap and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw two big brown eyes staring right at me in her crib! I screamed and scared her and she fell back and screamed too. Then she got right back up so mommy could take a picture, of course. Good girl. About 30 seconds after this picture was taken, daddy had his tools up in her room lowering her crib to the lowest setting.
Crawling became pretty stable nearing 7 months... I was worried she was burning more calories than she was taking in!
But that was not the case! Baby girl gained about a pound in that month and moved from the 2nd percentile to the 3rd percentile in weight! Yay! Since then (between month 7 and 8) mommy has had to add in formula to her diet because her milk supply just isn't keeping up with baby girl's demand! I have no doubt she'll be back up in the charts for her next visit!
And her is her 7 month progression photo!


2 comments:
I think she even looks like she has more meat on her bones in month 7 pic. Good job! :)
"her "scowl" that I've come to know and love so much.... sort of kidding... sort of not."
That is hilarious! Totally know what you mean! Love that girl.
Post a Comment