Anyway, enough of that! Saturday night, we helped to host a couples shower for my best friend, Jessica and her fiance Chris Walzer. It was SO much fun! It was a Mexican themed party and boy did I EVER chow down on some comida mexicana. Mmmmm! I think I went back for 2nds or 3rds... who knows. I lost count. Here is a picture of me and a few other girls at Jess' shower. Jess is standing to the left of me.
Sunday, we went to church and Pastor Pete started an awesome new series called Changed. It was an amazing story I've heard a million times, but we looked at it through a different perspective this time. It was the story of the Pharisees who brought the woman they caught in the act of adultery. They brought her to Jesus and threw her at his feet. They told Him that they caught her in the un-lawful act. The law said they were to stone her - so they told this to Jesus hoping to trap him. If Jesus said to stone her, he'd be going against his loving ways. If he said to let her go, he'd be going against law. So - Jesus bent down in the sand and starting writing something in the sand. He stood up and told the men, "If any one of you is without sin, you may be the first to throw a stone." So, Jesus bent back down and starting writing something in the and again. After awhile, he looked up and all the accusers had left. He asked the lady who was left to accuse her. She said, "no one". He said, "Leave and sin no more." Pete told the story from the point of the lady - he called her Grace. How she must have felt, what was going through her mind. And he really brought the whole situation to life. It was an amazing story to hear and to take that new perspective on it was really engaging. I have felt like that lady at some times in my life - and I think of the times I may have been a Pharisee - and accused others. When really, their sins are no better than mine... especially the sin of judging them... when really God is the only one who could judge... and he chose not to. Jesus died on the cross for that lady who committed adultery... and for mine. Anyway, it was an awesome message... I love new series Sundays :)
Sunday afternoon, Chris and I ran - or jogged - in the 5 K Hunger Ran/Walk downtown. It's amazing how many people in my community don't get enough food every day and how many people live in poverty. I have lived a very sheltered and blessed life. But so many within several miles of me are not able to get but one good meal a day. I am thankful for the ACFB for holding the walk and that I was able to help raise money to help feed those in my community. Here is a pic of Chris and I right after the walk. :)
More about the race - I finished in about 37 minutes - which isn't very good - but it's OK considering I haven't ran outside in a few years. So, I did OK. Chris finished right at about 40. But we are going to take the initiative to start running together more and we have already signed up for another 5K race in April with my sister's company. And in September, we are thinking about running in a 10K with our sweet neighbors, Kris and Kristen. We'll see!
Also, Sunday night Kris came over to help Chris move his aquarium inside! Finally! Chris has done such a great job building this thing and it looks really good. Here it is - empty - in our house. 
And then - some how - some strange creature ended up in the tank!!! Check this out!
OH - and on a really random note - there is this chain that hangs from my ceiling in my living room. What do you think it's for?


1 comment:
its probably for hanging a plant.
Post a Comment