So, last Friday, I went to the Post Office to get some stamps for some post cards I'm mailing out for work. So, I went to the Smyrna one since I was in the area for a concierge visit.
I walk in and get in line behind one other man. Another man was writing the label for a package he was sending. And two men were up at the counter getting things. Well, one man who looks like he was possibly living on the streets comes in the door and walks right up to the man at the counter (while another customer is already being helped) and waves a $100 bill in the air and wants to know how much a book of stamps is! The man behind the counter tells him he will have to wait at the back of the line and points to me. Well, the crazy man walks back and stands right in front of me. So, I obviously back up. Very willing to let him get in line in front of me. Well the man that was at the side counter filling out his label walks behind me and I give him kind of of a "OK - this man is a little scary" look. He returns the look and stands behind me. The man at the front of the line immediately offers the crazy man his place in line and the crazy man doesn't say anything, just moves around and stands in front of him. So, he gets his stamps with his money and walks out. - That's the end of that part of the story. It was just weird. Well, the other part may be even more strange.
The man that came and stood behind me, looked down at my slipper shoes and said that my lace was untied and that I was going to fall on my face if I didn't tie them. I told him that they got untied earlier in the day and that I couldn't figure out how to tie them back (it's like one of those ballet slipper-type shoes and it just has two strings that form into a bow -but one is longer than the other). So, I told him I was planning to just cut it off later that day cause I couldn't figure it out and how to make it stay a bow. And he said that he had daughters and he could probably figure it out for me. So.... after a little consideration and with 5 other people inside the post office looking at me like, "What are you going to do?" I slip my shoe off and hand it to him. He takes it to the counter and starts working on it. Well, in the mean time, the man in front of me went to the counter and did his business and it was my turn. So - without one shoe on, I HOP to the counter at the post office! So, I hop on over and the man at the counter looks at me like I'm NUTS and asks "So, what do you need besides a shoe?!" Everyone kind of laughed and I tell him what I need and gets the stamps together for me and then the other man who was fixing my shoe throws it back to me and asks if it was OK. It still looked stuipd and like he had just double knotted it 5 times... but whatever. I says thanks, put my shoe on, and run out of there. I can tell you that that will be my last visit to the Smyrna post office. And I am going to cut the strings off my shoes. And every time I use one of the 500 post card stamps I bought, I am reminded of my crazy 10 minutes inside the crazy post office in crazy Smyrna! :)
Savannah's Play
-
We went to see the Music Man which Haley's little miss Vernon Hills was in.
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment