Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life Changing Lasik!

 So - I totally forgot to blog about my Lasik surgery I had done in January!  I posted a lot about it on facebook - but since I am no longer a member of the facebook family, I thought I should document it on my blog as well!  

I guess I don't have much to say about it really - except it is AMAZING and LIFE CHANGING and WORTH EVERY PENNY it cost.  Just the little things - like being able to see the alarm clock as soon as I wake up in the morning... and being able to sit underneath a fan without my contacts drying out... and being able to shower and see the shampoo bottle and not worry about losing a $50 contact in the meantime... and I CANNOT wait for this summer when I can splash with Parker in the pool and ocean and not even worry about getting water in my eye and losing my precious little contact lenses!  

The surgery lasted less than 5 minutes - the entire process was less than 15 minutes.  From the second I sat up in the operating chair, I could see the clock all the way across the room!  I nearly peed my pants I was so excited!

Here I am about 2 seconds after I chewed up my Valium pill (so it would take affect faster than swallowing it!)  Goodbye nerves - hello happy land!  (And hello last picture EVER taken of me with glasses on!)

 Chris was able to sit right outside my surgery room and see the entire surgery - 
all blown up on a flat screen tv!




 I started to experience a little bit of pain soon after the surgery numbing drops wore off.  However, I went back to Whitney's house, took a little nap, and when I woke up, I had NO MORE PAIN, and my sweet sis brought me some Chick Fil A noodle soup - YUMO!  I spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV (from WAAAAAY across the room) and freaking Parker out by scaring him with my cool retro glasses on!
 Napping the pain away.......

  I had to wear these things for the next 3 nights to protect myself from scratching my eye or rubbing them.

The end!  If you are on the fence about having eye surgery - but really want to have it done - talk to me because I will talk you into it for sure :)  Honestly - the most amazing experience of my life.

2 comments:

Whitney Krauth Delaney said...

That's great. My husband, Chris, had the same reaction. He said his only regret was not doing it sooner.

Hillary Hull said...

That's awesome Whit! I totally agree - wish I would have had it done years ago!