Tuesday, August 28, 2012

July 2012

We had an low key July 4th planned this year... no plans...  just hanging by the pool... working on the porch... but first we had our neighborhood July 4th parade!  This is the first year Park has been able to participate (thanks to always being out of town and last year he had Hand Foot Mouth disease) so this year we took full advantage!
Both kids were in their red,white and blue!
The start of the parade!
Park thought it was the coolest!

So, after the parade, we decided we would change our plans completely and invite ourselves over to PTC with our friends/neighbors Jon and Robin!  They were so excited to let us help crash their party!  We headed to Robin's parents house then swam in their neighbors pool.




Then we headed to Robin's parents church in PTC for BBQ and fireworks!  We had an awesome time with our second family!
This girl slept through the entire fireworks show!
Thank goodness for Ms. Robin :)


The week after July 4th, my sister, Whitney's family heads to the mountains so Tanner got to come stay with us for awhile!  Tanner is half lion/dog :)
He is a "gentle giant" and is so sweet with the kiddos.
So Chris discovered a yellow jackets nest at the top of our hill in early July... he tried to spray it with stuff but they just kept coming back.  Finally, one night, John and Chris decided to "fix" them once and for all.  Let's just say we had a small fire in our yard, but we have no more yellow jackets!
We had our small group Christmas in July party!  The Berlins hosted and it was fabulous!  Robin totally decked out her house with Christmas decor and we grilled out hot dogs and loved spending the afternoon with our best buds!




Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A was in July, too!  I remember going to CFA on this day last year with a co-worker and seeing all the cut moms and kids dressed up and I TOTALLY envied them for being able to be stay at home moms and do fun stuff like that!  Well, this year I could!  I feel so blessed to work from home and still be able to spend time with my kiddos!  We had no choice but to go with the M family since Parker and Sienna are INSEPARABLE this summer!  Amy and I have grown so close this summer and have been able to totally lean on each other for so many things - don't know what I'd do without her!  Here are the sweet kiddos... and yes... Parker is choking Caroline - typical.

Loved our free meals at CFA!

Amy and I are already planning the weddings for both our kids!  Parker and Sienna Hull and Dylan and Caroline Markham!  This is going to make our lives so much easier by only having one set of in-laws!  We can already tell that holidays and vacations will be so much fun as one big family!  Ha! 


C-line turned 8 months in July!  Such a big girl!  We also started doing piggy tails in July!  So cute!

So - you may be able to tell, but around month 4 is when Caroline stopped growing on her 50-60% growth line that she had been!  Her face really changes from month to month, but she's still wearing the same clothes she wore when she was 4 months now at 8 months!  I guess it makes for an easy wardrobe!
My big TWENTY NINTH birthday was also in July!  Chris and I had an amazing dinner together at Ruth's Chris Steak House where I used to work.  They treated us like royalty - we haven't had such an amazing meal in a long time!  Here we are with my sweet roses from my hubby!
We dropped the kiddos off at the M's house and we, of course, had to grab a quick picture!
The week after my birthday, we had a GIRLS NIGHT OUT with my best friends at Cinco!  We are now making this a monthly occurrence and I SO look forward to these nights with my friends! Here is Ang, Robin (not me) and Amy!
Christa, me and Kristin
K made me a cake!  Yummy!
The whole group!
Robin was sweet to tell the guitarist at Cinco that it was my birthday so he played for me!  I think that is what we are laughing at?
OH - and some guys bought us all shots for my birthday... it was... um... great?
And it was 31 year old, Robin's, FIRST shot ever!  I had to document!
 I was super full from dinner, 2 truck loads of chips and queso so couldn't eat my cake, but I had no problem eating/licking the icing! 
The weekend after my birthday, we headed to the F's house in Alabama!  We love visiting the F family and we SO wish they lived closer to us, but we have made it a point to see them once every 5-6 months!  We love this family and feel so blessed to know them!  
Addie, Parker, Landon, Caroline and Kaylee (I think I spelled that right - we know way too many Kayleys!)
The night we got there, the kids claimed they wanted to have a sleep over in Addie's room!  Chris and I were not hopeful it would work out, but they did great!
Getting all tucked in!
This is how I found them the next morning!  I was shocked Parker lasted all night!
Addie has got this amazing hair!  I had to document it!  Ha!
Addie and sweet Kaylee loved helping Caroline!

I snapped this picture with my phone on our way out of Alabama... I love seeing rainbows!  Every time we see one, Parker begs to hear Noah's story and what the meaning behind a rainbow is!  He can pretty much recite it now.
More piggy tails!
Love this outfit our friends from Waycross gave Caroline!  She's a ruffle-butt diva for sure!
This is completely random but I found it hysterical!  Parker has been potty trained since shortly after Caroline was born and has been great!  We are now trying to teach him to wipe himself after he goes and well he was so proud after he did wipe himself that he wanted me to come see!  This is what I found... this was fun to clean up... not!
Just a random sweet picture we texted to daddy one day!  :)  This girl makes every color look good!
Dee Doo and C-Line playing in the back yard!  We no longer can keep them contained in the pool since they can both crawl/fall out of it!

Parker is a huge help to me.  Sometimes - no - every time - it takes me about three times as long to do something when he "helps" but he loves it!  He can feed her a complete meal - which is amazing in itself because keeping his attention for more than 2 minutes is a task in itself!
Tanner came over to play one day and I took this picture to make sure his mommy knew he was being loved on. :)  Tan Man is a cuddle bug and this mama loves it!
Near the end of July, my sister came up from Savannah and I helped babysit all the kids one afternoon before Whit got home from work!  We were leaving the next day for Waycross, but we did manage to get one sweet photo of the kids!  We have given up trying to get them in birth order... just getting them all to sit still for 2 seconds is asking enough!  However, the only one out of order is Miller (3).  Then there's Jack (5), Kayley (3), Parker (3), Garrett (1) and Caroline.
The longest project EVER (our porch) is really coming to a close!  We are spending lots of time out there even though it's not complete and I desperately needed a pack-n-play to put Caroline in.  I was moving ours in and out every day which was just really frustrating.  SO - I sent an email out to our neighborhood group and I had a pack-n-play on my doorstep within a few hours!  We love our neighborhood!  And now Caroline can enjoy being out on the porch, too!

1 comment:

The Markham Family said...

Parker and Sienna Hull
Dylan and Caroline Markham
Both sound pretty perfect to me! ;)