I was looking forward to sleeping in every morning... but of course I was wide awake at 7 am each day! I decided to make good use of my time and go to the awesome gym!
I sent pictures to my friends so they would be proud of me for working out! Turns out they were just annoyed! Ha!
After I worked out each day, we headed to breakfast where I had made-to-order omelettes made for me EVERY day! YUMMMMMM! When I met Chris back at the table, he had this very strange look on his face and I knew something had happened to him! He then desribed to me what happened while in line for the bacon... He was behind one particular lady who was getting her own bacon but instead of filling her plate with bacon, she proceeded to sit at the buffet and grab into the platter of bacon and stick the entire thing in her mouth slowly... like she was molesting it. She then got another peice and ate it... all the while Chris was waiting for her to finish so he could get some of his own bacon! After she ate her 3rd.... yes 3rd piece of bacon and molested it in front of him she finally looked over to her left where Chris was patiently waiting with his plate for his bacon... he admitted his mouth was wide open in disgust and she looked at him with the same disgust and said, "WHAT?!" So - the rest of the week, we both molested our bacon at the table to make each other laugh! :)
After breakfast, we went to explore the beach areas and found the VIP beach area where only people with black wristbands could go! We loved it! We had our own chairs and umbrella, table, and about 5 waiters that checked on us every 10 minutes to see if we needed anything! Food, drinks, alcohol.... you name it they made it!
My sweet hubby enjoying the shade... it was HOT!
A view doesn't get better than this!
There were only a few other couples at the beach each day but the first day was VERY entertaining because there was an old guy PASSED OUT a few chairs down from us and he was snoring SO loud... like it was pretty loud from the waves hitting the rocks and the birds flying around... and we could still easily hear him snoring several chairs away! It was really fun! We would make bets on how long he'd snore at a time and how long it would take him to wake up... I know... we are weird.
While we were at the beach, we got this pic of the kiddos playing with Hoppy! Turns out I only packed one long sleeve outfit for Caroline but it was pretty chilly in Savannah that week so Caroline wore the same outfit just about every day! Ha! It was really nice getting to see a pic of the kids every day!
We told the conciergte we were celebrating our anniversary (after Kristin told us they'd bring us a cake if we did!) so we picked Sunday and they brought us some yummy champagne and cake that tasted like a Swiss cake roll! YUM! I got ready for dinner and Chris headed to the gym to get a work out in. I know - we are so dedicated! Really - we were both determined to work off the 2,000 calories we consumed in guacamole!
We headed to dinner to get some sushi for an appetizer then we planned to leave and get our main course at another restaurant. Well we loved the sushi place so much, AND they upgraded us with some very yummy wine that should have cost money but it didn't... so we decided to stay and eat it again! Two nights in a row... yummmmmmmmmmmm!
At the sushi restaurant.
I had to borrow most of my clothes for Mexico from Kristin... she has a very special "Mexico-only" wardrobe... I unfortunately had already given away all of my fun "party" skirts after I had Parker... thank goodness Kristin still had hers!
After dinner we walked around then headed to the Michael Jackson show! It was pretty legit! After the MJ show, we headed to the martini cabana bar that overlooked the water and it was FULL of majorly drunk old people. So I had a martini, Chris looked miserable in the corner and we left! Ha! You know you're old when the older people are having more fun than you! How does that happen!
After waking up, doing bechside yoga....
My view from the beachside yoga hut!
and enjoying my awesome made-to-order omelette....
Then spending the entire day on the beach again and eating AMAZING guac for lunch... our every day treat that I may have gotten 2, 3 or 4 helpings of each day. Yes - I gained 11 pounds on vacation! We sat and watched a bunch of very drunk people particpate in water aerobics and just confirmed our thoughts that we were the old loser people at the resort because we much preferred our QUIET VIP beach area each day rather than the crazy noisy pool and bar area! Ha!
and enjoying our frozen drinks that we were addicted to all day long...
....we headed back to get ready for dinner on night #3! Chris enjoyed waiting for me each evening on the balcony.
After dinner we headed to the show for the night - the circus show! It was really good!
When we headed back to our room, we got some pics of the kids from my parents that day. Park took a nap with my mom in her bed.... and also peed all over her bed! Ha! Sorry mom!
The kids love playing in my parents play house on their porch... they were having so much fun! And yes - Caroline is in the same outfit! My mom did lots of laundry that week!
C-line waking up from her daily 3 hour nap...
We knew she was in heaven since she got to swing! This girl would swing all day if she could!
I made sure I sent some amazing selfies to my best friends while there... I am known for always taking the most attractive selfies and sending them out! I think people taking "seductive" selfies of themselves all day long every day and posting on facebook for the world to see is RIDICULOUS so I always make a point to take the most UNattractive selfies to send my friends! Hence... this one!
We headed to our romantic lobster dinner on the water the next night! The view was to die for!
Yummmm I was all about my salad!
We took a few pictures in the area before dinner.
Our soup course was beet soup and it was awesome! I ate all of mine and Chris'!
This duet came and played some "interesting" music for us... we were a little annoyed but it was OK! Gesture was nice. They were just playing RIGHT in our ears and it was very overwhelming.
Our lobster course!
And... dessert!
After dinner we headed to the magic show... it was fun!
On our way back to our room we took a different path and passed this very interesting display... we were cracking up! If there is a fire at the resort... I supposed we just have to run down to this display, open the glass, put on our coat and booths, grab and extinguisher and get to work! I felt at ease knowing we could save the entire resort now!

1 comment:
HAHAHA love the comments about my "Mexico only" wardrobe. Correction: Mexico and Bachelorette party (aka 30th birthday celebration!) ;)
Post a Comment