So a few things I forgot from my post from a few days ago...
On our 3rd day (same day as circus show), we were recruited after we ate lunch by the pool to play in a game an hour or so after in the pool. The cute little Mexican didn't take "no" for an answer so we gave in and hung out by the pool for the next hour instead of going back to our private beach area we had been staying at up until then. We laid in the chairs that were actually in the pool water which was nice, but we were totally annoyed by all the drunk people at the pool and the loud music! We realized we are OLD... SO OLD... and really started thinking about leaving and not showing up for our game we had committed to. Uggghhhh.... I started getting really worried! But it ended up not being too terribly bad. We obviously have no pictures to share since we were both in the games, but I'll do my best to quickly describe it! The first game was to chug a solo cup of beer then turn it upside down on a table and flip it up so it landed straight on the right side up! Chris got it on the first try after we waited for some drunk lady in front of us to do it... it took her about 84 times to get it. So Chris gets it on the first try then I got it on the 3rd try... not bad! Here's to being sober! Ha! The next game was for 6 of us on our team to get on a a kayak that was UP SIDE DOWN and paddle WITHOUT PADDLES to the other side of the pool then turn around and come back. We flipped over 68 times.... oh fun times. The next game was hopping on top of an up side down kayak and trying to get the other person from the other team to fall off. I some how got up against the biggest guy on the other team and basically jumped off before he creamed me! So - that was fun! Not so much.
Later that day, we went to the italian place for dinner and I tried to be adventurous for dessert and I got the chocolate ravioli. It was horrible. BAD idea. I stuck with chocolate cake and ice cream the rest of the week!
After we went to the circus after dinner, we went to the lobby to have a glass of wine and there was a Mexican band playing Pink Floyd, Billy Joel and other oldies songs... it was highly entertaining! OK - that is all I left out from that day! Whew!
Oh day 4, the same day as our beach side romantic dinner,we got crazy surprise service on the beach that day. They brought us fresh fruit throughout the day without us even asking and also brought us yummy Popsicles at one point! They also came and stole my heart when the massage therapists came down and treated us to complimentary 10 minute massages..... ohhhhhh.... I was so ready for my full hour massage by then!
Ok - back on track - on day 5, I ordered room service again just as I had every morning... just because you can! I went and worked out again - just as I did every day - and loved having fresh fruit and juice before heading out! They are NO JOKE about being on time! They were knocking on our door 10 minutes before I had requested each day... I guess better early than late! We (Chris) also learned they are adamant about getting their tray back after an hour or so! Ha! They woke him up every morning that I had forgotten to put the tray outside when I left to get the tray back! I thought this was hysterical... Chris did not!
After I worked out, we headed to breakfast and I got a delicious omelet and of course bacon which we molested to make each other laugh. I also got a fresh smoothie that morning... it was fabulous!
I was obsessed with Passion Fruit every day! Loooooved getting these at my beck and call!
I took this one just to send to my friend Kristin (who has been to this resort before) just to make her jealous! ;)
The kids had fun at the mall that day with my parents! They rode the train (all by themselves!)! Big kiddos!
Later that morning we headed back to the room to get ready for our couples massage! We both go to our separate hydrotherapy rooms for men and women then we met back up for our massage. I am pretty sure Chris got lost in the hot tub in his hydrotherapy room cause he nearly stood me up! His therapist was calling our room thinking he may have stayed back in the room and fallen asleep. About that time, he showed up ready to go!
This was our massage room view... it was AMAZING. I'll describe to you how our massages went...
My therapist was name something sweet and innocent... maybe like Ana or something. Chris therapist was GUADALUPE! She was not little, and not very sweet and DEFINITELY not innocent! I looked over at Chris after our hour long massage and he was a little stone-faced... turns out he got a FULL BODY massage! Whoops! Guadalupe had instructed him to take off all his clothes and lay down on the table. Well, Chris chose to leave his underwear on so Guadalupe took matters into her own hands and JACKED his boxer briefs all the way up into his butt crack so that they would be out of her way... Chris and I joked that the moon came out EARLY that day! Guadalupe took care of that for us! Ha! After the massage, we were figuring out how much to tip our therapists (even though it was technically already included... but we felt like we still should) and Chris joked that he should leave the entire tip we were going to split between both our therapist and give it all to Guadalupe since she wasted no time making friends with Chris! We were CRACKING up as we left the massage wing of the resort... I am sure everyone thought we were nuts!
Here are a few more shots of the lobby area where the spa is... so pretty!
That day for lunch we went to the buffet place instead of
the pool bar and I was so sad we hadn't been there before! I drowned my
plate in everything I saw and went back several times for more!
The rest of the afternoon took forever to go by! We both admitted we were starting to miss our babies and we were getting bored so we found trivia games to play online on our phones and spent the afternoon playing those! Nerds... I know. After our naps in the VIP area, we headed to the pool to talk other people to try and cure our boredom. We ordered the very well-known bumblebee shots and they were fabulous! We people watched for awhile then ended up meeting a guy near us in the pool from Sacramento. He had been drinking a lot that day so it was pretty entertaining to talk to him. His wife had already had to go to the ER in Mexico because she fell because she was tipsy the night before... these people are nuts! As we left the pool, I noticed Chris was wiping his face off in a funny way. Apparently our Sacramento guy had been spitting all over Chris' face for over an hour! We had fun laughing about that the rest of the day!
We went back in to get ready for dinner and took our nightly shot!
When we came back to our room that night we had YUMMY chocolates waiting for us! :) I love this place!

No comments:
Post a Comment