Monday, August 10, 2009

Do these look too tight honey?


Sunday morning - we are rushing to get ready for church - and my sweet husband looks at me and he then hears the most dreaded words to any grown man..... "Honey, do these pants look too tight on me?"


My sweet friend Terri had blogged about wearing her jeans after pregnancy - and I must say - all day yesterday I was thinking about blogging about the absolute wonderful feeling of putting on pre-pregnancy jeans - 3.5 months after having a baby. Never had tight fitting jeans felt so REMARKABLE!


So this is how it went down...


I wake up 7 to feed Parker - (Okay - maybe I let him sleep about 30 minutes late so I could too... I know.. bad mommy!) - So I feed him around 7:30 or 7:40 and then play for a little bit. Well before I know it, it's 9:30 and we still hadn't eaten breakfast and Chris was still sleeping. So, I wake Chris up to play with Parker while I make us some 'home made - made from scratch CREPE pancakes' YUM!


Well church begins at 11:00 and we are a good 10-15 minutes away from church and I suddenly see that it's 10:00 - Parker is still napping, I am still in my PJs - no shower - and the kitchen is a mess! Well - I rush through a quick clean up so I won't have a heart attack when we get back from church and I run up for quick shower. After hopping out of the shower and brushing out the 5 handfuls of hair I pull out every morning (love those post-pregnancy hormones making all your hair fall out!) I run to the closet to see what I can throw on that does not need to be ironed.
Well - our closet is huge people - like 16 feet long - and ALL 16 feet of it is my clothes - Chris has the short side of it - about 4 feet long. So - about 13 feet of these clothes have NOT fit me in 300 days. About 3 feet of the clothes were ones I could comfortably fit in. Well - I thumb through my short area of clothes and then I look up thinking it would be a great day to wear my super comfy elastic banded maternity jeans. Then I see them.... my super teeny Big Star designer jeans that I wore practially every day before I got pregnant. I had done the UNTHINKABLE a few weeks after Parker was born and tried them on just for giggles... and was NOT giggling when I could NOT even get these jeans OVER my KNEE FAT I had accumulated during pregnancy - UGH! I bunched them into a sloppy ball that day and threw them to the top of my closet rack hoping I would one day not hate them as much as I did that day.


Well - there they were. My super cute, low wise, NON ELASTIC waisted designer jeans. I slowly reached up and grabbed them out of the giant ball they were still in from several months ago. I shook them out and I heard the "Dun dun dunnnnnn" in the back of my head. I lifted my left leg and stepped into them. They actually got above my knee fat this time... I then lifted my right leg... still good to go. I began to lift them up... and they just kept coming. I shimmied a little bit through the hips... but then within a matter of seconds they were on.


MY. JEANS. WERE. ON. MY. BODY.


But.... there was still one more test. There was a really cute little button that had a big star on them that desperately needed to be buttoned. Before I attempted, I looked up to see my Bella Band was in near sight so that I could keep the jeans unbuttoned just in case they wouldn't button. Well - no Bella Band in its usual spot... they were down on the floor in the dirty clothes pile.. DARN! So I start to pull the most wonderful fabric of my favorite jeans together in the front.... and.... THEY BUTTONED! And they zipped! NOW.... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEEELUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I SWEAR I heard them singing! Loud and clear! I bent down slowly to make sure I wouldn't rip the precious fabric and no ripping.
Now - I have never experienced what some may call "muffin top" before... and I was now. But I decided with the right shirt, the muffin top would not be noticeable and it really wasn't all that bad anyway... just a small pooch of extra skin/fat that stuck out the sides a little bit.... I found myself staring in disbelief in the mirror... then I looked over to my sweet hubby in the closet getting dressed for church. And he then heard the words that I think every grown man dreads in his life... "Honey.. what do you think of these jeans... do they look too tight?" He looks at me for a second and I can see his wheels turning... "How can I answer this and not get into trouble - fast answer, fast answer Chris - FAST ANSWER! HURRY! TIME IS RUNNING OUT BEFORE YOU GET A SOCK THROWN AT YOUR HEAD! HURRY!" He very quickly answered, "No hun, those looks great!" Whew! He passed the test and OFF we went to an INCREDIBLE church service at Mountain Lake Church and I loved EVERY second of it in my awesome NORMAL, NON ELASTIC jeans!


WHOOO HOOOOO!


Now we just gotta work on that muffin top.......

3 comments:

Terri said...

WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm praying for the day I can fit in my absolute favorite jeans, but that may be a month or two more! But wow - doesn't it feel good to put non elastic on again! AND - i love the fact that you had to clean your kitchen before you left. Chuck thinks I'm a FREAK that I hate to come home to a messy cluttered house!! Have a great day! Wear those jeans some more this week!

The Del Angel Family said...

Girl that is the best and most perfect description I have ever seen of getting the post pregnancy jeans on. As heavenly as those elastic ones were, the day I could wear pants with a button again, I heard the angels singing. I'm proud of you!

keight dukes said...

wow. perfect. simply perfect. all the balled-up-in-a-fit-of-fat-lady-rage tiny clothes in my closet look forward to the day you have so fittingly described. i tried on a prepregnancy skirt "just for fun" a few weeks ago and just missed getting it all the way up...um by about 2 feet. damn the knee fat.