Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life_Group Retreat!

The weekend of Halloween, our Life_Group from church had a weekend getaway retreat!  Chris' boss has a cabin up in Helen, Ga that his employees are free to use whenever.  So - we chose to take our Life_Group members up there for a weekend - what a GREAT decision!  We had such a great time.  It's very rare that ALL of us are together every week due to our busy schedules, so having everyone there - together - for an entire weekend was amazing!  We are so blessed to have these people in our lives and literally consider the an answer to prayer.  We felt so lonely when we first moved to Cumming - about an hour away from all our old church friends - but shortly after we met our awesome neighbors, Jon and Robin, we got involved in our awesome church, Mountain Lake, and then went to join Jon and Robin's Life_Group! 

Here are some pictures from the weekend!

Chris and I sharing an AMAZING caramel apple in one of Helen's UH-MA-ZING candy stores!  We spent more money at the candy store than we did anywhere else!  Whoopsie.
This guy has a little shop in downtown Helen where he makes all wooden toys - right there in the shop! We bought this awesome little toy train for Parker which he LOVES!  I love simple wooden toys - and it seems as if Parker likes them more than expensive flashy noisy toys!
Amy made her AWESOME guacamole for everyone on Saturday night.  YUM!  I am pretty sure Kristin and I ate the entire bowl - sorry to everyone who didn't get any!
All the L_G ladies!

We all took turns making meals together and the Berlins and Drucks were in charge of dinner on Saturday night!  Robin's whipping up her amazing marinade for the steak and chicken kabobs!
And - Jon - being - Jon.
The view from our back porch!
Me and my love.
Kristin and Tyler - I only took about 2 bajillion pictures of them to get one that turned out so great.  Chris would NOT have had the patience to endure that kind of photo session.  Tyler did great, though!
The Drunks.
These pictures need no caption.  Let's just say we were playing with the self timer options.











The L_G ladies again - LOVE them.
The entire group.
Robin and her KABOBS!
 Tournament time!  The two college athletes at war!


 Chris took on Amy - Ms. All American Professional Tennis All Star - seriously.
 BON FIRE TIME!


 We found Kristin's REAL true love in her bed when we got back from the fire!
 In case you don't know Kristin - she LOVES Christmas!  And Santa.
 Some cabin decor....


 This little rascal nearly got shot!  I really wanted those cracker jacks!

 The cabin.
 The 50s love shack that we banned Robin to since she had an awful cold!  And because they were too nice to fight for a bed in the house!  :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA our self timer pics should win an award. Not sure what for... but I love them. And I love you for inviting us to the cabin. THANK YOU again - it was amazing!

The Markham Family said...

LOVE this post! And the self timer pics are priceless! Thanks SOOO much for inviting us to the cabin! What a fun weekend for our Life_Group to hang out together! I seriously need to post my pics on FB or my blog...but you know me and my blog...I go thru spurts of blogging and am SUPER behind! :( Oh well, that's me!