I am 39 weeks pregnant... THIRTY NINE! I honestly never thought I'd make it this far! Here is a little trip down memory lane...
I had good intentions of keeping this little progression shot up after week 29 but I am 100% sure that if you saw me in my work out outfit NOW you would probably throw up. Arm pit fat is at an all-time HIGH, cellulite-covered legs are as chunky as cottage cheese (large curd type - barf!) and the sports bra I am wearing in all these pictures would not even cover one half of my chest right now. The first thing I do when I get home every afternoon is put on a MUCH bigger sports bra that used to FALL off of me pre-baby, one of Chris' XXL tee shirts (that DOES NOT cover my entire belly anymore) and some size EXTRA large pajama pants. Oh - and you can't forget the fuzzy pink slippers. Yes. My husband is SO lucky to have me as a wife right now. I no longer cook, I no longer clean, I no longer shave my legs... and he comes home to a pot-bellied, tummy falling out, EXTREMELY moody pregnant lady every afternoon. Betcha he can't wait for the post-baby hormones to kick in! He's so blessed y'all!
So I took this progression shot thinking it would SURELY be my last - yup - that was weeks ago. UGH!
AND THIS ONE - is comparison from a few weeks ago to this week. I see like NO CHANGE Y'ALL.
A few other stats I want to keep track of because I'll care when I look back on this one day. Weight is between 185-190 every morning - that's 50-55 pounds up - and I seem to gain every day. I didn't gain any weight between week 38-39 - YAY - and that's what I was hoping for since I gained a whopping 11 pounds between my previous visit.
Working out? Yeah - not really. I stopped working out the week that Parker got so sick because when Chris got home on those afternoons, I had to hop on my lap top to try to get in as many hours with my company before bed. Then the next week, I caught whatever sickness Parker had and working out would NOT have been feasible. After all the sickness was over, I was around 35 weeks and I managed to hop on the elliptical once or twice but it just hasn't been happening since. I do walk the neighborhood and my office complex when I can and I count all the times I go UP and DOWN the stairs in my office and home as exercise too! HA!
I still mostly feel great. I have had a few days of weird aches and pains - then they seem to go away. After trick-or-treating with Parker for 2 hours on Halloween night, I did sit up with false labor from 2-5 am which was great - then it went away (I was bummed.) Today my back is aching on one side but no contractions.
I have had a few moments of total "freak out" when I think about what my life is about to become. In my opinion, going from 0 kids to 1 kid was WAY easier than it will be going from 1 kid to 2 kids! KIDS - PLURAL! Scary.
Park's last day at daycare was October 28 and I've been relying on his old nannies to watch him a few days a week (we can only afford 3 days of nanny-pay). So yesterday, Whitney watched him, and today Chris' sister's husband, Jeffrey, is watching him. I had them all planned for "back ups" because I honestly didn't think I'd need them! But now I'm to the point of getting day care all planned out for him next week.... thank goodness he loves his nannies and hanging with family all day! I love knowing he's with them and enjoying some fun time with by himself on the days he's with the nanny and with his cousins on the day he's with my sister or Chris' sister.
Halloween candy will be the death of me. It's at home - it's at work - it's at Moe's. I. Can't. Stop. Eating. It.
The "shock" factor of EVERYTHING happening to me is really starting to FREAK me out. My doctor doesn't check to see if I'm effaced, dilated, etc until I'm full term. He also doesn't try to guess the baby's weight. Both of which I think are GREAT because I would just walk around worried about being dilated - or lack thereof - and about being told I was going to have a 10 pound baby. The less I know - the better. But really - we have the "surprise element" in so much right now. The date I'll go into labor, How I'll go into labor (since I know he won't induce me til the last week of the month!), The gender of the baby, The NAME of the baby (for CRYING out loud we haven't even decided on a name yet!), How my labor will go, Will I be able to have a VBAC, Will I be able to do it? I have so many questions. And all I can say is THANK HEAVENS I have my awesome God and to know He is fully in control. Is He going to make everything perfect and let it all play out how "I" have it planned in my head? Probably not. But will it all happen exactly how it's supposed to? You betcha.
I guess that's all! Praying this will be my last pregnancy update and I will be uploading picture of a precious new little Hull before next week! Fingers crossed!




4 comments:
Btw, I think you look awesome! Your tan is insane :-) Best wishes to yall!
Goodness if he doesn't induce you until the last week of the month I'm due that next Monday, so baby girl Hull and baby Charlie's birthdays are getting closer and closer (we're 36 weeks on Mon.)!
PS: we had 3 birthday cakes in Oct. (KK's real b-day, her party, and Eric's b-day) plus the Halloween candy! It's a sugar nightmare!
Oh girl! I totally understand how you feel right now! But you look great! :) And I agree with you! Going from 0 to 1 kid was way easier than 1 to 2 kids. Takes a few weeks for everyone to adjust, but you will adjust great and having 2 is just that much more fun now! We love our little man and having a family of 4! Let me know if you ever need a break and want is to take Park for a bit! Been thinking and praying for you!
you look awesome! i dont think women can go into labor until they have ugly fat face and misery for at least a few days. and that last picture the baby looks HIGHER than the previous. sorry, am i making it worse? you are doing awesome and you know you wont remember any of this agonizing waiting once that lil hull is in your arms!
Post a Comment