I am super cheap and refuse to buy Halloween costumes because there are just TOO many cute costumes that my friends have that I can borrow! SO - we borrowed the Taylors' costume from last year and we started practicing wearing it a few weeks ago. We took it to KK's house last week and since KK was playing dress up in her Cinderella outfit, we decided to let Parker dress up, too. We didn't tell Chris this, but Parker was MUCH more interested in dressing up in K's Cinderella stuff than he was keeping his lion on! He especially loved wearing her heels!
So on Halloween Day, I rushed home to get him all ready. I made a dinner meal for Kristin who just had her baby a few weeks ago so we decided we would use the fact that we were taking a meal to her as a short practice round of trick or treating! Parker practiced saying "CHICK AH CHEAT" all the way over to K's house and when he got to her door, he completely froze! She opened the door and he just looked at her like - ummmmmm - I forgot what to say. After a little coaxing and reminding, he did say it and he got to choose his candy out of her bowl. She was giving away SKITTLES which is mommy's fave candy so I let him take 2 packs! :) Pretty sure I've eaten both of them. When we got home, he didn't even want to take his costume off to eat dinner - he just wanted to run around and scream ROAR and take candy from our own candy bowl.
We had one more practice run at our own house before we hit the streets....
I think he's got the hang of it...
All ready to CHICK AH CHEAT!
We stopped across the street first to see Ms. Felicity (one of his many future girlfriends!) and Ms. April. Mr. Tim is a police officer so I feel like Felicity would be a good fit for him one day - her daddy definitely keep him in a straight line!
One of our first stops!
We took turns walking up to the door with him. (Gotta love Chris REALLY trying to get a good side shot of me.)
We stopped at Ms. Wenda's house (who had had just spent the entire day with). We actually took Parker out of school - last week was his last week - so Ms. Wenda has been helping to watch him for us, along with Ms. Julie - until the baby comes!
Our LAST stop was Mr. Jon and Ms. Robin's house.
We let him have 2 pieces of candy when we got home - this kid was JUMPING off the walls!
One of his favorite things was a spider ring! He's been wearing it since Monday.

2 comments:
What a cute lion! But so sad we didn't get pics of SiSi and Park this year! :(
what's up with the crazy striped pants & red crocs? he is the brightest dressed lion i've ever seen! super cute, of course!
Post a Comment