I got this picture with my phone and it was included in an email to my boss after he asked how I was doing. My response was something along the lines of - "How can life not be perfect with this next to me." So true. We are so blessed to have a nearly always content, healthy baby!
First weekend in December - my Sip N See (a southern tradition of inviting close friends/family over after the baby is born to "sip" on tea and "see" the baby!) All my friends wanted to throw me a shower when I was pregnant but I just really didn't need one. All my friends were having babies and I was super busy planning showers for them in the summer/fall - I just didn't want to have a shower just to have one. I really didn't need much and without knowing the gender, it wouldn't be very fun for plan a second baby/gender-less shower! SO - we compromised on a Sip N See after the baby was born so that people could see the baby, know the gender, and they could have fun with the shower hosting! My only requests were that the shower would be at my house and I would provide the food. I won the first request but not the second - another compromise :) The SNS turned out AWESOME and I could not ask for better friends! Here are some pictures...
Our little lady of the hour slept through the entire shower - she was in deep thought and gratitude for all her presents - and diapers!
Literally - a few hours before the Sip N See began, we made the finishing touches to Caroline's room. Chris and my mom had done most of the makeover when Caroline was just a few days old. All that needed to be done was paint the blue stripe on the wall pink, change out the bedding with my sister's pink bedding from Kayley's crib, change out the blue lampshade with a pink one (also from Kayley's nursery) and that was pretty much it! We still have a few more things we want to do, but just haven't gotten around to it. I have a feeling they may not ever get done considering we made Parker's new room back in July and still haven't "finished" decorating it!
Caroline loves her ornament outfit from my sister's sister-in-law and mother-in-law. SO stinking cute - she's actually still wearing it after Christmas because she can :)
We put Miss C-Line in her own crib at only 2.5 weeks old. She slept AMAZING the first night - 5 hours - which was GREAT since she had really only been sleeping about 3 hours at a time in our room.
I took this picture and immediately thought - GOOD gracious - this child looks NOTHING like her momma! Which I obviously don't mind considering she looks just like her daddy who I happen to think is VERY handsome!
I helped my sister out by babysitting one morning a week while she went to pilates! Here is Caroline and Garrett together having floor time - they are 3 months apart - such little buddies!
Parker gets VERY jealous when I try to take pictures of Caroline by herself or with someone else... don't ask me why one arm is out of his shirt. He walked around for about 3 days in December like this... I didn't argue and thankfully on day 4, he decided to keep both arms in his shirt!
My work had our Christmas party at SmokeJacks BBQ the first week of December - it was GREAT to see all my co-workers and their spouses at the party. Caroline was the HIT of the party of course. :)
Yes - that is GIANT brown bow in her hair - the girl never leaves the house without a bow!
And we are having some issues with Parker wanting to wear hair bows now, too... He puts them in himself...
One of the city managers (for my work) in Orlando actually made Caroline a blanket and a hooded towel! Here she is in her blanket.
After an episode of Dora had Dora and her friends traveling to the moon, Parker had a few days of being obsessed with "going to the moon" and we had to get on the "rocket ship" (aka the couch in the play room, our bed, his bed, etc) and put on our "rocket helmets" (aka a basketball hoop trash can and his clear plastic drum) and pretend we were going to the moon!
In mid December, we had our Life Group Christmas Party! Here are all the kiddos lined up - Caroline 1 month, Tanner 2 months, Caleb 3 months and Dylan 4 months!
And the mommies!
My family came up for my Nano's funeral (another blog post will be devoted to her) and we enjoyed a fun dinner together at our house. My mom played my piano and Ashley and the kids sang along - it was too stinkin' cute!
My Poppy is a baby whisperer... he's amazing with babies (and kids too!)
Whit and Garrett...
These three kiddos are TROUBLE!
Ashley and Whitney's son Garrett
Whit with Chris and Ashley's son, Miller - we were all mixed up!
We tried to get a picture with all the girls and all the kids - NOT easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment