Wednesday, January 4, 2012

November Recap

 I know - I know - It's been WAY too long.  I am so sorry.  Being on maternity leave for 6 weeks was amazing - however - I actually still managed to work about 20 hours a week from home.  So any free time I had was basically spent working!  So - guess where my blogging priority went!  That's right :)  Well - now I'm trying to catch up.  The main reason I want to even play catch up is because I FINALLY had my blog turned into bound books... and can I just say... WOW!  Talk about an amazing keepsake for me and my family to have forever!  I only paid to have my 2008 blog bound and covered... I'm waiting til the web site has another 15% off sale to order the rest... but I can't wait!  My mother in law gave me gift certificates to the web site to have the rest of my blog (2009, 2010 and 2011) bound... can't wait to have them all lined up!  Oh - the web site I used is www.blog2print.com.  All I did was give them my blog address and they put it all together for me... I didn't have to spend time doing a THING... it was great!

OK - so - I'm going to "kinda" quickly recap November for you... POST delivery obviously.

Here we are on the way home from the hospital!  Miss Sweet Thing - SO teeny!  We did NOT get a family picture on the way home (boo - TOTALLY forgot until NOW actually!) 
My sister, Ash, and her son, Jac with Caroline at home.
My dad (Hoppy) and his second granddaughter!
OK - random note - Yes - c-section recovery was AWFUL for me and I would never wish it upon ANYone.  HOWEVER - vaginal birth recovery is AWFUL as well!  I know it's different for everyone - but I ended up having a second degree - verge of third degree - tear and a mess full of stitches to go along with it.  All I can say is that I was MISERABLE for at least two weeks.  And this little thing (see below) went EVERYWHERE with me.  The first day I went without it was my Sip-N-See in early December. 
This pic is out of order - it was taken when I was still in the hospital - but it's of my feet!  I LITERALLY hadn't seen them from this angle in MONTHS!  I was so excited to see them again!
We had LOTS of visitors right away!  Kristin and Tyler were some of the first!  Here's Miss. Kristin with sweet Caroline.  Jon and Robin and Zach and Angela also visited - but I did NOT get their pictures - hate that.
My momma helping me give Caroline her first bath.  You can see Caroline is THOROUGHLY enjoying it!
My entire family came over one night for dinner (OVER WHELMING) so that we could take my parent's Christmas card picture!  THAT was chaotic - but their picture turned out pretty great!  It took about 50 takes - but we finally got one.  I think the top one is the one they ended up using for their card.


My sister, Ash, and her two newest niece/nephew!  Caroline and Garrett are about 10-11 weeks apart.
My first attempt at getting a brother/sister picture - it was awful.  I didn't attempt again for another month!
Kaci came to visit!  And brought me a "bow"quet from the office!

Whitney and Garrett came to visit lots during my maternity leave - since Whit was also on maternity leave!
Caroline's first doctor appointment at just 5 days old!  She was 7 pounds 14 ounces at birth, 7 pounds 5 ounces when we left the hospital and...........
7 pounds, 9 ounces at 5 days old!  I was thrilled considering she had only been nursing for about 5-10 minutes at a time.  I was SURE she was losing weight!
Aghhhhhhh!  So tiny.
I took this when she was still sleeping in the crib in our bedroom... there was PINK everywhere!  It looked like someone had thrown up PINK all over the place!  (And I LOVED it!)
She got this crazy blotchy rash one morning and I took pictures thinking I would need to show the doctor but the blotches completely disappeared the next day.  But this picture clearly shows the girls CRAZY long hair and CRAZY hairy body.  Home girl had hair from HEAD to TOE!  I know she's going to KILL me for this one day!  :)
 It is SO hard dealing with a toddler when you have a newborn.  Parker was BEGGING for attention - CONSTANTLY - especially from daddy since he's gone all day.  It's been... um... interesting to say the least.  He's basically been horrible... my sweet little behaving boy turned into a MONSTER for a month or so after Caroline came home.
Sweet Caroline hanging out in her car seat in Barnes and Noble where we took Parker to play on the train table... she was less than a week old here...
Park playing with the train table!
Random phone pic...
Whit brought over all the girly clothes for us and I had SO much fun going through the hat box!
Another random phone pic I took of home girl's hair one night during a feeding session.  The girl has gone some CRAZY hair in the mornings!
Another random phone pic of me and Parker reading.  I have learned to soak up these moments I'm able to spend with him alone... they are few and far between these days...
I hate this picture of Chris - his hair is WAY too short and it's NOT his best angle - but I figured I'd keep it up here because he's on a mission to lose 40 pounds right now - so this will be a great "before face" picture.

Our first (non professional) family picture... I actually REALLY dislike this picture... Chris' face looks huge, Park looks ticked, you can't see C-line's face and I look like I had just given birth and even the arm on the hip pose didn't help... BUT - again - I am a big fan of before/after pictures... so I am looking forward to the day in about 4-5 months when I can post another family picture with Chris 40 pounds less, me 30 pounds less and much happier looking kids!  :)

On Thanksgiving, Grandpa and Aunt Phie from Indiana came to visit us! Caroline was about a week old.

On Thanksgiving Day...

Campbell and Parker playing on Thanksgiving at Aunt Amy's house...
Caroline got all dressed up for Thanksgiving dinner...
First time in the bouncy!
I was determined to decorate for Christmas one night between her midnight feedings so I did it!  All by myself (with Caroline of course!)  We normally have 3 trees, but I stuck with just the 2 this year.... LOVED them...
Tree two...
The stairs...
He's already wrapped around her little finger!
Ha - another random phone picture - I went in to wake Parker up from his nap one day and found him sleeping like this... just thought it was too cute not to take a picture of!
EW!  This is when her cord fell off!  It was just laying on my breast feeding pillow - gross!
At her two week appointment!  She weighed in at 9 pounds 11 ounces!  They just wanted her to re-gain her birth weight... well... she definitely did!
Another random phone picture...
OK - WHEW - I'm done.  December updates to come soon!

No comments: