Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beach Week Videos!!!

We had such a great time with Chris' family at the beach this year!  This was the first time the entire Hull family has made it to the beach together and WOW was it busy... and fun... and a blessing!  To see all the little cousins running around together is just absolutely heart warming... they all get along so well and love playing with each other. 

The adults had an amazing time as well! We were in the same condo at Jeff, Lan, Griffin and Morgan and we were all so excited to get there, as soon as we got to the room, we spent some time unpacking E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G we brought so we could head down to the beach that evening for a bit.  The next morning, the excitement began!  Jeff and Lan's bedroom started leaking... OK... not just leaking... POURING water from above.  Before we knew it, their entire carpet in their room was full of water... along with most of their stuff (clothes, suitcases, etc).  SO - a few hours later we realized we were going to have to change rooms.  It was just down the hall and still just across the way from the other condo where Mimi, Papa, Jeffrey, Amy, Campbell, Catherine, Scott and Lauren were staying... but it was not easy moving everything.  It took us a total of 3-4 hours that afternoon to get everything moved over.  Not exactly how I pictured spending my first afternoon at the beach, but it turned out our new room had a better view and we made the most of it! 

We all had a night where we were in charge of a meal so we were able to eat in the first 5 nights!  On Thursday, Jeff, Lan, Scott, Lauren, Chris and I went out to dinner and had some great seafood.  We had to wait until all the kids were in bed so that Mimi and Papa would easily "babysit".  You'll see in the video below how we found our sitter when we got home that evening. :)  We were incredibly grateful for Mimi and Papa taking care of the kids for us, though!  It was actually their wedding anniversary that night and they went to an early dinner with the rest of the crew.  I guess their romantic anniversary didn't end so romantic!  Thanks Mimi and Papa! 

We ended our week with a weekend in Waycross where we stayed until Tuesday because Chris had work to do in south Georgia on Monday and Tuesday.  On Sunday night through Monday we also had a very impromtu visit from our best friends, the M family!  Reid, Amy, SiSi and Dylan were on their way down to Orlando to go to Disney World for a few days and when I heard they were planning to stay the night in Valdosta, I put a stop to that very quickly and explained Waycross was basically the same distance between Atlanta and Orlando - AND they could save some $$$ on a hotel room in Valdosta! We left Waycross on Tuesday and came home where we stayed for less than 48 hours then me, the kiddos and our neighbor Robin headed down to the beach to stay with my parents for the long holiday weekend!  I'll get to all that in another post!  For now, enjoy the videos!  I'll be posting all the pictures later.





2 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm voting to be a Hull next year! What's 2 more adults & 2 more kids anyway? I promise to make a meal one night too! Thanks for giving me some Hull time tonight! Miss you guys!

Kristin said...

How do you have time to do this???? Too cute though :)