Thursday, June 18, 2009

Late 20's

So - one month from today (July 18) - I will be turning 26. Which I am beginning to realize sounds much older than 25. 25 - you're in your mid-20s. 26 - welcome to your LATE 20s people!



So funny - one year ago - I had a total melt down with Chris one afternoon. I was about to turn 25 and I had a mini mid-life crisis. I was worried that if we didn't start trying to have kids soon, I would get too old and then have problems getting pregnant. I was worried that I was 25 and he was 27 and we still weren't even close to being able to buy our first home. I was scared that I was 25 and he was 27 and he still wasn't done with school. Of course - none of this really prompted us to start trying for kids... we definitely were not ready for kiddos yet... we had a perfect little check list in our minds that we wanted to check off one by one before we started to try to have a baby. Well - God just took that perfect little check list and tore it into tiny peices and threw it in our faces!!! Because literally - one month later - we found out we were pregnant. Another 2 months after that - we purchased our first home. And last week - we paid Chris' 2nd to last tuition EVER to Southern Poly State University. It's getting close! Yay!



So - besides turning 26 and officially making my way into my late 20s - I am pretty confident in saying that I have nothing to worry about or be scared about this year. All the things I was silly enough to worry about last year - I finally gave them all to God - and he gave me the most perfect little baby - the most wonderful home - and an incredible husband who is the absolute hardest worker ever who is NEARLY done with this school career! :)



"Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all He has done." Phil. 4:6