Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Dada's Day!

FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND


Our best friends and neighbors bought Parker a pool for his birthday.  It was a few months late but came at the PERFECT time - the hottest weekend yet!    I spent about an hour in the pool with him on Sunday and got a nice little tan out of it - it's kind of nice to have a kid to blame me being in there on - but really - I think I like it as much as he does! 





Amy had an adult-only birthday party - MY FAVORITE KIND - which forced us to drop Parker off at Aunt Whitney's and enjoy a night by ourselves!  We each consumed about 1500 calories but it was SO worth it!  Thanks Aunt Whitney and Uncle Doug!

Our small group - minus Z and A - at Cinco

Kinda love this guy.


We went to Giorgio's on Sunday evening with Whit and Doug and Kayley to celebrate Father's Day!  Here's our family picture at the restaurant...

After dinner - we stopped by the Avenue's for some gelato - and Parker walked around looking precious as always and making everyone stop and stare at his absolute cute-ness - until he BUSTED it.  It barely fell - but he rolled over on his face and the side walk is cobblestone or something like that and VERY scratchy - and a little harmless fall (that he does about once every 5 minutes anyway) turned into bloddy situation where all my earlier "oo-ers and ahh-ers" came running to the rescue with water and paper towels to help clean little man up.  Poor thing - he was a trooper and after the initial shock of being hurt very bad went away - he was his normal precious self - just a little banged up!  Which I kind of think makes him look even cuter!

 

At first we only noticed the bloody scratched up nose - but he also banged up his forehead pretty bad.
 

He got very busy when we got home from the Avenue's - picking up all his foam letters and putting them in various places around the house.  I am still finding T's and L's and B's in random places!
 

Last weekend....
We went to my nano's to surprise her for her 80th birthday!  Here are a few pix.

Me and my nephew, Jac

My sister Ashley and her youngest son, Miller. 
Nano and Poppy with all their great grandkids - my dad's an only child so they are loving finally having multiple great grandkids!

2 Sundays ago - our cousin Campbell Anne came to visit - play in the pool - and grill out afterwards!  It was impossible to get a picture of them both looking at the camera - this was the best I could do - but it still turned out pretty cute.  It's hard to make these two kiddos look bad.

2 weeks ago at Life Group - we had a small birthday party for Angela!  I made an delish strawberry pie for her and Parker helped her blow out her candle!
Some other life groupers at our house.
Zach and Angela
Jon and Robin
Tyler and Kristin
James and Jenny - and baby girl in her belly yet to be named!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Such fun times, I love all the pictures. And I love having you as a friend :)