So - I love to decorate with dried flowers - especially ones that have special meaning. I have two vases of dried flowers on our mantle that are from our first 2 years of dating! Chris used to bring me flowers a lot - for no reason - and I loved them so much - I kept them! Well - after a few years of that - he told me if I kept keeping the flowers after they died, and decorating with them, then I wouldn't be getting any more flowers. I kind of thought he was kidding - and he wasn't. So - after 2 years of dating and flowers bliss - I went through 2 years of being engaged of flower hell (0 flowers... sad). Well - my wedding bouquet was one set of flowers I was NOT willing to throw out. They dried really nicely (and TECHNICALLY Chris didn't buy them for me so they didn't count) and I kept this bouquet as decoration for nearly 2 and a half years! They were on a mantle for awhile - a table for awhile - and the past year or so - they have been on this little table in our extended foyer area. On the BOTTOM shelf - and Parker never touched them - and neither did the dogs - UNTIL........
August 2010.
I woke up at 5 am to work out on our elliptical and watch our latest Netflix when I came out an hour later - I found this.
This is our extended foyer where the bouquet has resided - touched-free - for the past year or so. No - you are not losing your eye sight - it's a blurry photo. I was enraged... to say the least. And all the little dots at the bottom of the picture are little tiny pieces of dried flowers.
Walking away from the foyer....
They made it up to our couch...
I then started walking up the stairs to go wake up my soundly sleeping husband so he would clean up the mess! And I found THIS on the way - (yes that is PUPPY POO on our stairs).
Followed by this.... more petals...
Up the stairs... I find more petals...
And then I saw the end result...
There they are.
And when I looked downstairs - I found the culprit.....
Ugh - I am so happy we decided to get a PUPPY! She's lucky she's so stinkin' cute.....

No comments:
Post a Comment