Friday, August 5, 2011

26 Weeks Today!

I was 6 months pregnant yesterday - and today I am 26 weeks!  ONLY 10 weeks from where I was when I gave birth to Parker!  Things are getting MORE and MORE real... and part of me feels like there is SO much to do.  And another part feels like the ONLY thing to do is WAIT.  THEN I'll have a lot to do. 

The ONLY thing I DEFINITELY have no issue doing is gaining weight!  I found this stupid chart on some pregnancy web site when I was early pregnant and I obviously LOVED it for the first 18 weeks or pregnancy.  I now have a love/hate relationship!  :)

I don't really have many updates that are different from last week... all is still the same... I'm just up 32 pounds now instead of 30!  Still working out though... that, in itself, is something I'm proud of so I need to document!  :)

I do have one thing I'm OOBER excited about coming up:

Babymoon 2011 coming up NEXT weekend!  Mimi and Papa are coming up from south Georgia to watch our little man while Chris and I have a relaxing weekend at his boss' cabin near Helen.  I don't really plan on doing the whole "tour Helen" thing in mid-August weather... but I think a few short hikes, some nice "out to eat" dinners and a 2 mornings of sleeping in as long as I want are definitely in store!  OH - and I've already booked our COUPLES MASSAGE at a spa near the cabin that Chris' boss has been going to for years!  I don't think Chris has ever had a massage - and I haven't had one since I was about 8 months pregnant with Parker - so I'm SO due! 

Life is going to change for the Hull household very soon... I CAN (yes - can) wait!  I want this baby to stay in me for much longer than 10 weeks.  I feel great.  I love feeling the baby move.  I love being pregnant.  SO different from my last pregnancy!  We'll see!  :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I share the love/hate relationship with this very weight chart. It started out as a love that has slowly progressed to a hate. But we're both exercising and eating well, so that's what matters :)

Katie @ Yankee and Peach said...

Hill- I'm pretty much following YOUR exact chart!! I say we just ditch the guidelines and make our own. There is absolutely no reason a silly chart should make a prego lady feel bad about herself! =o)

Betsy said...

whoa! that chart is totally bunk! 30 lbs for a 40 week pregnancy?! i really doubt that is on the high end. i gained 50 lbs. with sibby and tate didnt bat an eye! ask him about the charts, pretty sure he isnt a fan! dont worry hill....you are healthy and you look wonderful!

Pattyann said...

I used this chart for both of my pregnancies. I found it most helpful in the beginning when the Dr visits are 4 weeks apart and I didn't look pregnant yet. And also in the middle when I really started to gain some weight I could look at that chart and be like okay don't panic gaining X pounds in 2 weeks is normal for this stage... Of course I lost so much during our move this time that I'm not on the chart either....