Thursday, August 25, 2011

29 weeks!

 I guess I need to change the layout for future pictures - I'm running out of room!  How's this?
I actually had to GET OUT my tripod my father-in-law gave me a few years ago to take my belly shot this week.  My sweet husband is so busy - and is either working OR sleeping whenever I get around to working out and am in my "picture outfit" but I knew I needed to keep up my progression shots or else I would just keep forgetting!  So - I took it the matter into my own hands and I'm pretty sure you can't even tell the difference right?  Right!  Here's a quick update - mostly for my journal-ing and less for you because I know my friends who keep up with this probably don't care about the "details".
  • 29 weeks on Friday - holy crap!
  • Still PRETTY sure baby is breech position... I have my doctor's appointment today (Thursday) and I'm praying he can start to get little guy/girl to move around to the right direction.  My awesome chiropractor, Kristin, will hopefully be able to help get this process moving as well.  I have all faith that he/she will move if meant to be.  :)
  • Still working out!  Some weeks its only twice a week. Most weeks its 3-4 times.  Workouts include an hour long weight lifting class at the gym, an hour long step aerobics class at the gym, and/or 30-50 minutes on my elliptical at home or in the movie theater room at the gym.  I also sometimes jog on the treadmill at the gym.  I've actually halted in the weight gaining the past 2 weeks - I'm steady at 35 pounds gained and although I complain a "little" I am embracing the body that God has given me while he grows this perfect person inside of me.
  • Being pregnant is NOT something I take for granted.  I TRULY thank my Lord every day for this miracle and for giving me this opportunity.  I pray for friends who are trying to get pregnant all the time... my prayer is that God could grant this AMAZING gift to all women.  He has taken away this gift from some of my friends - and some of my friends' friends - and my prayer is that He will heal them in a way that is not fathomable to our human brains - but only in a way that He could master.  
  • I think I have FINALLY braced myself for the fact that this could be a little girl in my belly... and I'm excited about it!  Chris and I both would love for Parker to have a younger brother  - and we would love the amazing responsibility of raising another son to be a Christian leader and an amazing husband and father to his children one day... but the possibility raising a girl is something I prayed God would allow me to fathom - and get excited about... and I can now.  I know its SO "cliche" to say you just want a healthy baby - so go ahead - call me "cliche"  - I truly don't care what the sex is.  I just want another child to show me just a FRACTION of what God's love is like for me - His child - and whether it's a girl or boy - I know my heart will grow every day for the love I will have for this sweet little baby.
  • I have a really bad habit of just writing run on sentence after run on sentence with lots of "-" and "...".  Sorry!  
  • Good night!

3 comments:

Laurel Tucker said...

Sweet blog Hill. You look great.

Pattyann said...

Charlie is breech too. I've read that they flip about a week before you go into labor. It apparently is a very uncomfortable process, but it's can be the first sign that you're about to go into labor...

Fainfamilyupdates said...

hi hillary! i saw your blog through meaghan's....congrats on baby #2!!