Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to Garrett Appenfelder!

 Yet another baby has been born - which only reminds me that I'm THIS much closer to meeting baby Hull - scary!  Whitney, my oldest sister, had her son, Garrett, on Friday afternoon!  This chick is ALL about the best possible laboring scenarios.  She went to the hospital at noon - had an epidural by 2 and was holding Garrett in her arms by 4.  Ahhh - to be that blessed. :)  We had plans to go out of town this weekend to see ANOTHER niece that was born in June that we still haven't been able to meet due to Parker's awesome sicknesses he's caught at day care over the summer, but I was able to stop by the hospital and meet Garrett on our way out of town - AND I got to witness Kayley meet her new baby brother!  So exciting!  :)


Garrett was 7 lbs, 10 oz and 21 inches long.  He's already WAY taller and leaner than Kayley was when she was born - looks like we have some tall Appenfelder kiddos on our hands!
It is NOT so easy holding a baby when you have a baby inside your belly! 

 On Sunday, on our way back IN to town, we stopped by to see baby Garrett at home.  I am already SO in love with this sweet boy :)  Can't wait for Parker to be a "big brother" figure to him - hopefully that's a good thing! 
Parker and Kayley wanted to have a birthday party for "Baby Darrett" as they call him so we let them dig in to some cupcakes and sing to little Garrett.  When Parker was singing, "Happy Birthday", you can hear him actually sing, "Happy Birthday to Pahhhh-kerrrrr", instead of "Baby Garrett" but I made him fix it real quick.  :)

No comments: