Chris really doesn't have to travel much for work... but he has been traveling the past two weeks. Last week, he drove to Tampa, St. Simon's and Waycross and home in 4 days and this week he left on Sunday after church to go to Virginia... and I just got word that he's traveling ALL the way back home TONIGHT - HALLELUJAH! All I have to say is that I. LOVE. MY. HUSBAND. And I am SO blessed that he is as "hands on" as he is. Chris' dad (God bless him) came from a household where his sweet momma did everything for him... he told us recently that he never even put toothpaste on his own tooth brush until he left for college. SERIOUSLY. So the fact that he still managed to raise Chris in a way to be completely independent and "hands on" in the family area is an amazing blessing.
Now - the reason this week has been a little hard is because:
- It falls on the same week as my annual manager's meeting for work that I sorta end up being the person who gets all the details together - and I have to give a presentation in front of all our managers (ALL MEN) covering all that I have contributed to the company this year.
- This also happened to fall on the same week that our sweet 2-year-old decided to cut his 2-year molars. SCORE! Meaning he basically cries for a few hours every evening... and was up every hour ON THE DOT Monday night screaming but wouldn't tell me why. Finally on Tuesday night, I saw the big 'ol booger of a molar popping out of his gums... those things are HUGE! And this is just a snap shot I took with my phone one night when I was just about at my wit's end... I knew I would miss these days one day... so I figure I should remember it...
- I've managed to catch some sort of cold virus in the mix which just makes this WAY more fun.
- Parker is also at an age now where he KNOWS when "dada" is gone to which he cries for him every night and every morning.
I also have to give a quick shout out to my awesome Life Groupers for helping to keep me and Parker fed this week :) The Berlins cooked spaghetti for me on Monday and yesterday I got an invitation for MORE spaghetti with the Marchmans... Parker and I both love spaghetti (and a meal that doesn't involve a microwave) so we graciously accepted both offers. THANKS FRIENDS! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment