Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Babymoon 2011!

 Chris' boss has this awesome cabin up in north Georgia near Helen and he allows his employees, clients, friends and pastors and missionaries to use it throughout the year!  Last year, we took our Growth Group with us and had an amazing time.  Well - seeing that this year - 1 couple just had their second baby and two other couples are about to have their first babies - we figured we'd ditch the group and go by ourselves.  Hello Free Babymoon!  :)

We scheduled a couples massage on Saturday morning at an Inn on top of the mountain - it was fantastic!  This was the view from the Inn.
 Ahhh - me - totally relaxed after our awesome massages!  We were laughing at this picture after we took it seeing the shape my body has taken... almost like a slanted "Z"!  This happened when I was pregnant with Parker, too - the HIND gets just as big as the BELLY!  :)

Steve has all sorts of "friends" around the cabin - this is the newest addition and he so nicely welcomed us to our weekend!

After our massages, we headed to get BOILED PEANUTS!  Yum!  Chris found a friend... I'm a little worried she may steal him from me.
 We headed to Helen for lunch and got some disgusting Brats for $20 - what a deal!  (Yeah right) But the only time I ever eat this is when we are in Helen - just gotta do it for the culture, right?  I topped mine with saurkraut and Chris held his nose while I devoured it! 
 Chris digging into this brat.
  We also couldn't go without hitting up the FUNNEL CAKE!
We went out to Nachoochee Grill on Saturday night and had a FANtastic dinner!  Chris was STUFFED - I wasn't so much!  Ha!  Our meal consisted of popcorn and bread/biscuits (they just bring it to you - random I know), spinach dip and chips, grilled shrimp, sauteed spinach and a HUGE chocolate mousse cake for dessert that I devoured about 90% of.    Here we are on the porch of the cabin before dinner.


The rest of the weekend consisted of a 3 hour nap  (GLORIOUS) and lots of time spent in the hot tub!  YES - I know preggy mommies aren't supposed to get in the hot tub but Chris was sweet enough to lower the temperature to about 90-95 degrees so it was like getting in a warm bath - but out on the patio of the cabin with an awesome view!

As we were leaving on Sunday, we wanted to get a picture with Mr. Bear!  I have to post the entire series of these pictures because it's just OH-SO typical of my husband.

Picture 1 - Me: Hey honey - let's hop out of the car real quick and get a picture with the bear.  
Chris:  Um.... okay.

 I look at the first picture when we get back into the truck.
Me:  NO babe!  You cut out the sign!  The most important part!  We have to re-take!
Chris: No response.  But he gets out of the car and does as he's told.
 I quickly glanced at the second picture to make sure the sign was in the picture - yay!  It was.  So we head back to the truck and hop in then I take a closer look.
Me: CHRIS!  You look MISERABLE in this picture!  Like you are SO annoyed at your wife!
Chris: No I don't - let me see.  I'm SMILING, Hillary.  
Me:  No you're not and you know it.  You did it on purpose.  We have to take another one - this is a frame-able picture!
Chris: No response - gets out of the car and stomps over to the bear and reaches out for the camera.
 I didn't even HAVE to look at the picture - I KNEW what he had done - a stupid, fake excited face.
Me: I know what you just did - honey - make it real - PLEASE?
Chris:  No response but he takes another picture anyway! :)  
Me:  Thank you - I LOOOOOVE you.
Chris:  I love you too (mumbled under his breath).

  When we were shopping around on Saturday, we went to the Wooden Toy Shop that I fell in love with last year when we went to Helen with our Growth Group.  I looked around while Chris rolled his eyes at the prices of everything (which I thought were VERY reasonable, by the way).  I'm used to this though - this is just what I get for marrying a son of Jim Hull.  :)  Anyway, Chris made a few comments about the prices so I just turned around and walked out - no complaints  - just left it a that!  Well - I thought about this cute logging truck ALL night and ALL morning on Sunday so AS we were driving down the mountain to go home, I asked if we could maybe stop by the toy store to get Parker a toy.  I got no response from my sweet husband which let me know that he was most likely going to turn in the direction of downtown Helen when we got to the bottom of the mountain so I could run in and get my sweet boy this cute truck!  :)  I also picked up these cute wooden blocks - one set was only $7 (less than what I saw them for at Toys R Us) and I wanted to use them as props for some baby pictures I'm planning to have taken after baby #2 comes along.  Little did I know - Parker would LOVE the blocks - he hasn't stopped playing with them - OR the truck for that matter.  SCORE in the very cool toy department!  My sister, Whitney, is expecting her son, Garrett ANY DAY NOW so I took this picture to send to her!
 Park had just gone down for a nap when we got home and Chris and I could HARDLY wait to go wake him up.  Chris was STARING at the monitor and when he thought he saw the slightest movement, he told me it was time to go wake him up!  Off we go upstairs, racing to who could get to the door first, and wouldn't you know that little bugger was FAST asleep!  We snuck out and went back about 45 minutes later when he ACTUALLY was moving around... not so sure he was totally awake but it was close enough!  We couldn't stand to not hold him for another second!  We played with his new toys for a bit then headed to DAIRY QUEEN to treat him (and ourselves) to a yummy treat!  Park managed to eat about 1/2 his "Hice Keem Chone" as he called it.  :)  Love this kiddo.

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

What a great weekend for you two!! I love the play-by-play of taking the photo with the bear. Erik is the SAME way. In fact, I have many cheesy/overexxagerrated faces in photos to prove it. Although, I'm not smart like you and check while we are still at the photo sight. Good idea!

Kristin said...

Love this, so glad you guys got to take a Babymoon :) My favorite part is the pictures with the sign because that is pretty much exactly how photo sessions go with Tyler and I... same with the wooden truck, Tyler won't say yes OR no, which makes me feel guilty for buying something, but I usually still do :)