I had to post another picture today because I could TELL (thanks to shirts that once easily covered my entire belly NO longer do!) in the past few mornings that I have popped even more than last week and the picture proves it! No more pounds gained this week (steady at 35 pounds) - just more "sticky outty" if that's even a word (and spell checker is telling me it's not.)
Dr. Tate WAS able to flip the baby last week which is MUCH more comfortable for mommy! I'll take a foot to the rib cage over a HEAD in the rib cage ANY day. Chris was LITERALLY freaking out while Tate was moving the baby - Tate's hands were on my belly - one on the baby's head and one on the feet - and he was pushing with so much force that his arms were literally shaking from the strain. I was holding in my groans from how bad it hurt and I'm a little surprised Chris didn't knock Tate out :) It took about 20 minutes but in the end, baby was flipped to head down, baby's heart rate didn't even alter a bit and mommy was MUCH more comfortable :) Yes, yes, I realize baby could still flip back - but I feel a lot better know he CAN be head down and hopefully he'll get used to the feeling.
I've been enjoying a MUCH more active baby since he's been flipped around. I really do enjoy it - call me crazy - but there is something about the feeling of having a baby SAFE in your belly that no one can harm. I sometimes very much so wish I could stuff Parker back in my belly so that I can protect him from any harm - or to make him shut up when he's driving me crazy.
For the first time - almost ever - Parker has shown some crazy signs of jealousy. While working nursery at church last week, any time he found me holding another kid, he'd run up to me and ask for me to hold him and if I didn't, he'd either latch himself to my legs or if I was sitting down, he'd force himself in my lap. It's almost like he KNOWS something is up and his days of being an "only" are limited!
The other night, he was laying on my lap rocking before bed and he had his hands on my belly (it's kind of in the way these days) and he felt the baby move! He jumped up and looked at me with WIIIIDE eyes. I told him that was the baby moving in mommy's belly and he just sorta took it all in then laid back down on my shoulder.
The next night, I lifted my shirt for him to see my belly and his eyes got even WIIIIDER and he smiled and pointed to it and said, "Mommy has a BIG moon!" I guess my white belly sort of resembles a nice, big moon. I guess it could be worse. He then started shaking his head and said, "No, No, No, No, No - put it down!" (meaning my shirt). Guess it freaked him out a bit. :)
One thing I won't miss about being pregnant and I look forward to getting rid of post pregnancy - arm pit fat - which I have clearly gained.



4 comments:
Definitely popping out more! Too cute abt Park feeling the baby kick! Very cool! And so interesting about P getting jealous in nursery! Just like Sienna did toward the end of my pregnancy and wanted to be held in church nursery the ENTIRE TIME! These kids are smart, I tell ya! SO smart!
omg your arm pit fat comment made me laugh out loud. you are too cute girl...one of the cutest pregnant girls i know :) you look great!! :)
so you said "he" several times when referring to the baby... was that a slip? Also, you should post a pic of your pregnancy w/ Parker, at the same week as you are now w/ baby numero dos! :)
YES, the armpit fat... or as I like to call it, the armpit rolls! Not a fun addition to the body, but I am right there with you :)
Post a Comment