Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby cousin Dare-Et (Garrett)

We went over to Aunt Nit-ney's house 2 Saturdays ago (the 17th - yeah I'm behind) to see my parents who were visiting in town and for Parker to see baby Dare-Et again.  He has been a little more inquisitive about his new little cousin friend - I make sure we talk about him lots - which I think helps him "get" what is in mommy's belly and what is about to come live at our house!  

Park's new Pre-1 teacher stopped me before I picked him up a few days ago and told me this precious little story.  Parker was playing "house" with some little girls at school and they had babies, but Parker did not.  Parker tried to come into the house, and they said, "Noooo, Parker, you can't come in cause YOUUUU don't have a BABYYYYYYYY."  Parker folded his arms across his chest and said, "I DO TOO HAVE A BABY!"  And the little girl said, "Where is it?"  And Parker sighed, shrugged his shoulders and said, "My mommy is still holding it in her belly."  :)  I think he gets it.  

We managed to get Park to sit still about 30 seconds so he could hold baby Dare-Et.




 Another reason we went over to Whit's house was so that I could give her all of Parker's baby clothes for Garrett to wear for the next few months.  We are hoping that even if I have a boy we can continue to share clothes... I don't think it will be a problem because Parker has always been VERY blessed with so many clothes from our dear friends, the Fortenberrys and from both his grandparents.  :)  So, naturally, as soon as I was done unpacking some boxes of clothes for Garrett, KK and Park hopped right in and expected a ride!

 Cheap entertainment.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a precious story about Parker man!!!

And I love that Garrett is wearing GA Tech already, Tyler would be so happy!