So I always make a habit out of taking my picture in clothes I try on at stores to see what it looks like "out" of the mirror - because I REALLY hate mirrors. Well - for some reason when I opened up my Picasa album today - my pictures had been totally re-organized and THESE pictures were the first ones that popped up. I nearly fell OUT of my chair because I DISTINCTLY remember taking these pictures and HATING how I looked in these SIZE 2 jeans and SIZE EXTRA SMALL shirt! HELLO - it looks like I need to EAT in these pictures! Of course - my perception is a LITTLE different now that I am weighing a wonderful 174 pounds - but good grief - I what to THROW UP when I think about how HARD I was on myself when I was in such great shape! I remember thinking these jeans made me look fat and that the shirt showed my fatty love handles off way too much. I did end up buying the jeans (only because it was the LAST day that my coupon was good and I could get them for about $20 after coupons and discounts) but tossed the shirt immediately after this picture was taken. I need to have this blog reappear in about 6-9 months when I'm (HOPEFULLY) back into shape so that I will remember to not be so hard on myself! Why, oh why does Satan attack me with these horrible thoughts about myself when I was CLEARLY in awesome shape. I guess I just need to make myself MORE clear to the Enemy - "GO AWAY AND GET YOUR NASTY "BAD SELF IMAGE" THOUGHTS OUTTA HERE!"
Savannah's Play
-
We went to see the Music Man which Haley's little miss Vernon Hills was in.
2 years ago

3 comments:
i know how you feel :( when i see old pictures of myself from my "bad" days i want to strangle my old self! why do young women spend so much time beating themselves up about their bodies when they are so perfect the way they are? i see young girls now just glowing with youth and beauty and they probably see nothing they like in the mirror. it makes me sad to know i was that way as a young person and having a daughter makes that mindset even scarier! thanks for a great post hill!
Thanks for the great reminder, Hillary! I've lost 60lbs in 11 months since my little man was born and am the smallest I've been in almost 7 years and I still find myself feeling and -thinking- I look fat. Ugh! I had to pull out pictures I've taken along the journey (I took pictures after each 10lbs I lost). It puts it all into perspective when you see the "before" pictures and the now!
Amen, Hill! Great post! I've gotten to the stage where the nurse at my doctor's office knows that I don't want to know what my weight is. She just tells me whether I'm "doing good" or "need to watch it"... as long as the baby is healthy and we're both "doing good" then I don't care what the numbers say. (Remind me I said this in about 4 or 5 months when he's here and I'm down on myself for the post-baby chub!)
Post a Comment