Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Help

I borrowed 'The Help' from Robin a few weeks ago and wasn't in too big of a hurry to actually read it til our mutual friend, Angela, said she was looking for a copy to read!  Well, I spent as much of this past weekend as possible sitting outside while Parker played in the pool reading The Help and I finished it Sunday night (2 days!)!  It was SUCH.  A.  GREAT.  BOOK!  So - Chris and I are on super tight budget now in preparation for baby #2 so sadly the movie theater is NOT in our budget but I can be patient and wait til it comes out in RedBox!  Anyone looking for a GREAT read, I highly recommend it!

This book makes me SO thankful that I (nor will my kids) grow up in an era that entails something as ignorant as racism as a part of every day life.  It also gave me a very interesting look into how my grandma grew up and how, to this day, she looks at the world.  All I can say is that I am so thankful I grew up in a home where color didn't matter - and I am so thankful Parker will also grow up in a home and world where everyone is treated the same (at least in his eyes). 

1 comment:

Erin said...

I started it but haven't picked it back up to start on Chapter 3. Everyone says it's fabulous, but for some reason, I can't force myself to read it!