Wednesday, March 7, 2012

First Date without Caroline! Parker starts school! And Life Group Babies!

I have been going to this amazing mom's bible study every other week since last fall and I LOVE it.  It's called Birds On A Wire (http://www.birdsonawiremoms.com/) and it's a bible study strictly devoted to mommies of all ages.  Karen, the lady who began it, has an amazing way with words and is a great teacher... every time I leave, I feel like I am a little bit better mommy and wife because of it.  One of the courses recently was the importance of prioritizing your loved ones.  God, obviously, ALWAYS comes first.  Second, comes your husband.  And third comes your children.  Well, with a newborn, it's not so easy to keep that in track.  I have really struggled with not putting Caroline (and Parker, too) ahead of Chris, and even God.  Anyway, one of the things Karen really strongly encouraged was date nights with your husband - and making them a priority.  It's important for you to make sure your marriage stays healthy and it's also important for your kids to CLEARLY see that mommy and daddy come first, no matter what.  SO - about a month or so ago - we babysat my niece and nephew for the afternoon and when my sister and brother in law came to pick them up, we decided to leave the kids with them for an hour and go on a quick date to our favorite Mexican restaurant just down the street in between Caroline's feedings.  We had an amazing time, and it reaffirmed all the scripture that encourages you to put your husband before your children.  I guess that 'God guy' knows what he's talking about in that book He wrote.  :)  I snapped this quick picture in Chris' truck on the way to dinner... I love this man...
Caroline - however - was NOT very happy with my choice of food when we got home.  I did share a margarita with Chris but I truly thought I had spaced it far enough apart from the next feeding that it wouldn't affect Caroline.  WRONG.  I also ate VERY spicy guacamole - which she has been prone to HATE before.  SO - double whammy of alcohol and guacamole made for THIS face during her last feeding that night.  I ended up just not feeding her and putting her to bed - where she blissfully slept for 12 hours.  She woke up the next morning as happy as ever, so I knew she hadn't held a grudge against her mean mommy.
The next day we headed out for some tours of some nearby preschools for big brother!  Caroline got all dolled up for the occasion!  :)
The day after our tours, Parker started preschool and he was SO stinking excited!  He couldn't stop jumping around the house... crazy boy.  I sat him on the counter to try to get him still enough for a picture - I finally had to tell him to FREEZE and this is the pose he froze with...
As you know, 3 of my Life Group friends and I were all pregnant at the same time.  Here are all the kiddos in order!  Caroline 2 months, Tanner 3 months, Caleb 4 months and Dylan 5 months.  Caroline was bored with all the boys this night... they were definitely not worth interrupting her precious beauty sleep.

 She woke up just in time for the boys to start crying/fighting over her! 

No comments: