Thursday, March 8, 2012

Valentine's Day!

This year was lots of fun for Parker on Valentine's Day!  His class at his preschool put on an "I Love You" program for all the parents and then we had a party in his classroom afterwards!  I decided to cut out some Valentine's Day cards for him to give to his friends - and just have him sign each card for his friends.  He was SO excited because he got to use MARKERS - something I strictly forbid in my house!  (I've seen TOO many walls covered in permanent markers to even tempt Parker!)  

Here are his Valentine's!
He was so proud!

Here is Parker with Ms. Tanya - his sweet teacher!
Since Parker started school a few weeks before Valentine's Day, he only had ONE practice in his music class before the show!  Thank goodness he already knew the songs!  :)  I had been looking forward to the show since the day he started school and I saw it on the calendar.  And wouldn't you know that I would be RUNNING LATE to the show!  Caroline was all ready, then she spit up ALL over herself, so I changed her really quickly.  Then as soon as I got her back into her carseat, she POOPED and it leaked out of the side of the diaper.  LOVEly.  I change her again and make a MAD dash out of the neighborhood.  Chris was already there so I called him on my way and BEGGED him to ask the music teacher to WAIT ON ME!  I would be devastated if I missed it!  Like the SUPER sweet husband that he is, he stood up in front of all the parents and went to the front to ask the music teacher if they could wait a few minutes.  He told Chris to go find the director - who would be in charge of starting it.  Well, I FINALLY got there when the director started her introduction... I literally ran with Caroline in her carseat draped over my arm - ALL the way across the parking lot, then up the stairs to the church, then INTO the church.  I was a sight for sore eyes for sure.  BUT - I made it!  And it was precious!  Videos are at the bottom of this post!

The reason we chose the school we did, was because our dear dear friends send their little girl and Parker's best friend, Sienna (SiSi) there.  They stood next to each other on stage and Parker serenaded SiSi with his beautiful voice.  SiSi just lifted her skirt a few times, sat down in the front for awhile, stood RIGHT in front of Parker for a bit and just looked really darn cute the whole time of course.  Parker sang all the words, but kept his hands in his pockets or by his side the entire time - so no hand motions for him.  I was so proud, though!  :)

 I love the look he's giving SiSi in this picture! 


After the program, we headed to hand out our Valentine's to his class!  We were the only ones to not give out candy with our cards... oops!  Didn't realize that was the rule!  Ha!  But I did thoroughly enjoy the candy he got!

 Our family picture....

Chris and I decided to do handmade gifts for each other for Valentine's Day.  No roses, no store bought cards, nothing you could buy.  SO - he made a sweet card for me and I made him his FAVORITE dinner of all time!  Homemade LASAGNA.  It was off the bomb diggity if I do say so myself.  Then I had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.  My boys were LOVING mommy!
Picture perfect....

Here are the videos!





No comments: