Friday, January 4, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

We started our Thanksgiving Day off by waking up super early and heading down to Waycross!  Turns out McDonough was a perfect stopping point for breakfast so we met up with Bubba at Cracker Barrel with the kiddos.  We had so much fun seeing him on Thanksgiving.  His girlfriend, Ms. Sarah, couldn't make it cause she was cooking for her family.
All three 2011 babies had matching turkey outfits - thanks Mimi!  So we couldn't wait to get this picture!
All the grand kids together!
My sweet family on Thanksgiving Day.
Mimi and her two youngest grandbabies hanging out by the pond.
Caroline hanging out with Uncle Scottie
These three kiddos (yes, Uncle Scott is still considered a kiddo) share the same birthday!  So we had to get a picture of them together for our annual Hull calendar!
I was able to meet up with an hold high school friend that I got reacquainted with thanks to facebook!  Jodi and I hadn't seen each other in probably 15 years, but we love keeping up with each other on facebook (our girls were due only a few days apart in November 2011).  Her parents only live about 2 houses away from Chris' parents so it was easy to run over and see them for a few minutes while we were there!
The day after Thanksgiving, we headed to Rockin' Robin, a children's shop in Waycross that some really great friends of ours own.  Jennifer Crummey opened it earlier this year and we have loved seeing their clothes and specials online so when we knew the entire store would be 75% off the day after Tgiving, we knew we couldn't pass it up!  We got this darling outfit for sweet Caroline!  Love it!
My hot husband was in charge of smoking the turkey on the green egg!  It was LITERALLY the best turkey we've ever had!
Yeah - Scottie was sitting at the kids table.  :)  Until he gets over himself and asks his sweet girlfriend to marry him, the kids table is where he'll stay.  And I can say that because I am 99% sure that Uncle Scottie does not take the time to read my blog!
I left one afternoon to go get some highlights from my sweet friend, Nicki's, sister, Emma.  She was back in Waycross at her parents house, also just a few minutes away from Chris' parents house  (noticing a trend here?) so after my highlight and hair cut date with Emma, Chris and I headed to the movie theater for a date night!  We wanted to see Breaking Dawn 2.  We tried to go see Breaking Dawn 2 the night before, but after we parked in the parking lot, we realized that we hadn't seen Breaking Dawn 1!  SHOOT!  So we ran over to RedBox and rented it.  So the next night, here we are, on our way to see BD2 in the theater!  It was awesome!
We drove around Waycross for a little bit on Saturday to see if we could find a jewelry store that would have the style of watch I wanted for Christmas.  Lo and behold, they did not, but we did stop and get a coke from Hardees and I was thrilled to see that they gave me a GT cup!  Go Jackets!
That afternoon, I ran over to my sweet friend, Heather's, house.  Heather and I have been friends since 3rd grade!  She has two boys of her own and they have an awesome playground in their backyard. 

Heather swinging with Caroline
On Sunday, we all headed to church, then we all met up at The Club for dinner.  In lieu of our regular table in the dining room, they have now started to reserve the entire atrium for us when we are all in town!  Ha!  I think we are a little rowdy.  Here are all the cousins together!
And this is why we needed our own room... kids were everywhere - all over the floor!
Parker and Griffin are only a few weeks apart!  Love seeing them grow up together!
C-line loves her Aunt Lan!  Lan is pregnant and due in May!  That will be grandbaby #8!  Aunt Amy is due with #7 on January 2!
Mimi and Papa with all the g-kids MINUS Parker because he had just fallen on his finger and jammed it so he was NOT into the picture taking anymore.
The rest of the afternoon consisted of some nice, germy, face smooshing on the windows of our room at The Club.  Ha!

I promise she wasn't being held prisoner!  Ha!

No comments: