Thursday, January 31, 2013

Week b/t Christmas and NY

 We got to meet up with the Fortenbery family a few days after Christmas!  We love when we get to see them!  They were traveling through so they couldn't stay long, but we met up at Chick-fil-A and had a great time catching up... even if it was for just a few minutes!  Jessica, Scott and Chris all worked at the Gap together, I was their oldest daughter's first babysitter when I was in college and Scott and Chris were in each others weddings!  The F family also gives us all of Landon's old clothes which we just LOVE!  We don't know what we'd do without the F family!
 It's so hard to get a good pic of these kiddos together!  And we finally did! 
 Ha - this is a random shot of our pantry door after Christmas... and this is missing about 10 more cards we got in the mail after New Years!  I have since taken the pictures down because the cluttery-ness of the entire look was driving me bananas!  The counter (part of it's shown on the left) next to the pantry door is our "messy counter" - yes that is it's official name and having it next to the cluttered door was too much for me!  So, down they came but they are now sitting in a stack on top of the messy counter where we are going to start picking one out of the stack each week and praying for that family!  I heard of another blogger friend who did that a few years ago and I thought this would be the best time to start this tradition in our family.  Parker is truly starting to "get" prayer, what it  means, and how we talk to God so I am excited to start this tradition with him. 
 A few days after Christmas, Whit, her kids and me and mine went to a PJ Party Kindermusik class!  Whit and I took KK and Park when they were much younger, but we weren't able to make the weekly comittment anymore.  It was so much fun but I didn't get any pictures during class because it's non stop action!  After class was over, Caroline crawled her way to the doorway, looked out and I saw her eyes LIGHT UP when she saw the hallway before her... a huge... OPEN... never ending hallway!  She went for it!  I let her crawl til her hearts content.  Precious girl...
 Parker loved racing her then waiting for her to catch up.
 These kids love competing for daddy's attention every evening when he gets home from work!  We had to bring this awful chair back out into our family room after Christmas because we had to make more room for all the new toys we got for Christmas in the playroom!
 The day before NYE, we headed to Kennesaw to see my cousins who recently moved there from Chicago!  Our other cousins from Chicago were there visiting so we all got to hang out together!  We had so much fun.  Here are all the cousins kids together... I have no idea what that would make them... 2nd cousins?  But they were cute together nonetheless!
 These were taking at Amy's house one day between Christmas and NY... Dylan SEROIUSLY loves Caroline - like with all his heart.  His face LIGHTS UP every time he sees her cannot keep his hands off of her!
 And these two kiddies have been best buds for years now.  They have weekly play dates and love their time together!

No comments: