Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I think I'm ready....

for a date with my sweet husband :) Yes - we've left Parkster with my parents to go out a few times - but not for more than an hour or so. Chris literally only gets a few minutes with Parker most nights after class so the thought of taking him away one night to be with me seems selfish, but I think I'm ready and in need of some "mommy/daddy without Parker" time.

I think one of the best pieces of advice I received and read about during pregnancy was to always keep your spouse first no matter what after baby arrives. I always thought to myself - well DUH - OF COURSE I WILL! But that has proven to be more difficult than I ever could imagine.

We are super low on funds so an actual date with my hubby may just consist of a walk and picnic at a park - maybe even with the pups!!! - but I think right now - anywhere alone with my hubby would be incredible!

We never REALLY got to celebrate our annivesary. We went out for one of the quickest dinners I've ever had with him when Park was just a few weeks old, but I was still in a little bit of pain, wasn't feeling 100% and as it was one of my first times away from Parker I just don't think I totally enjoyed it! Here are the pictures of us on our annivesary - April 14 the past 3 years. Check out the differences :)

CHRIS AND HILLARY - APRI L 14, 2007 - Total bliss :)


APRIL 14, 2008 - Still looking good :) Little did I know I would have the ABSOLUTE craziest day of my life in 365 days!

If you would have told me on April 14, 2008 that on April 14, 2009, I'd be 60 pounds overweight, would have all sorts of needles stuck in my body, and being prepped to go into have SURGERY I would have told you, you were CRAZY!




Anyone up for babysitting for us sometime in the next few weeks? I don't pay very well - I pay with hugs, a 'dessert-like treat' and a thank you card mailed to your home address a few days later :)
Oh - and for those of you who are curious - I am no longer 60 pounds overweight, THANK GOD - literally :) That was miserable. I have lost 35 pounds - still have 25 to lose. Hopefully it will progress when I start to work out in 2 weeks after I get the OK from my doc!

5 comments:

Laurel Tucker said...

I'll babysit for a hug!

Cait said...

You know we would love to babysit the little man! :-)

ChelsandNoel said...

seriously I want to babysit!!!!!!! anytime!!!!

betsy ward said...

I dont think youll have any trouble finding babysitters, but we are willing, one i get home in july!

ducklynn said...

I think we owe you a few! We'll have to do a weekend night though!