Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekend and Savannah :)



We had a fabulous weekend in Savannah with my family! We celebrated Jac's 2nd birthday! I CANNOT believe that sweet little baby boy is already 2. Before I know it, it will be Parker... which totally freaks me out! It's so amazing to see how Jac is really becomming a person now. He is talking and communicating and suprising everyone with his new words and phrases he pops out with!

~

Our New and Improved Family!





Traveling has taken an entire new meaning now that our little family of 2 + 2 dogs has turned into a family of 3 + 2 dogs :)

~~

(Doggies aren't welcome at my sister's house so they stayed behind with their Aunt Diane and Uncle Craig and cousin Gunner who they LOVE. Thank you so much Diane and Craig! We love y'all and are so thankful you could take care of our "other" children this weekend :) ))

~~

Anyway - our easy trips that normally take 3-4 hours - are now 5-6 hour trips due to the several stops we have to make on the way to change and feed our little man who is growing like a weed lately! I just had no idea what traveling does to a family when a baby is added into the mix. It's completely exhausting and if I hadn't had a 4 day weekend last weekend, I don't think it would have been possible. Now that I am back at work full time and still only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep of very interrupted sleep at night, it just doesn't seem possible to do it all anymore. I guess I am still feeling overwhelmed with the huge change that is my life lately... hopefully the overwhelming-ness will turn into a way of life soon and will feel normal! When does that happen, mommies?! :)

~~

Here are some pix of us from our fun trip to Savannah! I suprisingly didn't get ANY pictures from Jac's actual birthday party! I think I was too consumed with feeding Parker who has decided lately that he is going to increase his eating amount from 3 ounces to 5 and a half ounces - and from every 3 hours to every 2 and a half hours... this is supposedly what Dr. Furr calls a growth spurt... but to me it's seeming like it's more of a way of life for him. He's going to be 6'4" like his daddy in the next few years if he keeps this up!Absolutely amazing - I have no idea where he puts it all... actually I take that back. I see EXACTLY where it all goes every hour or two that he has a FULL diaper :)

~~~

Parker held onto my finger and nana's finger on the way home! It was so cute - he wouldn't let go! :) He's just enjoying the time of life that he is the youngest grandchild... only a few more months of baby enjoyment, little guy, til your cousin, Miller, is born :)




Jac wasn't too sure of all the loud noises the ferry boat made...


He would say "Whoa" every time the boat made a sudden move - very cute!




Kayley Lane loved seeing Savannah!


Chris and Doug - I'm thinking about submitting this photo for a Baby Bjorn commercial :)



We had to take a few stops during our day of hanging out in Savannah for diaper changes and bottle feedings. You wouldn't believe the entire suitcase we have to walk around with when we have Parker now! (THANK GOODNESS for my sweet, sweet best friend Jessica who got me the most awesome-est diaper bag that is just the perfect size :) The bag normally consists of...... a change of clothes for Parker cause he's guaranteed to either pee or spit up on his original set of clothes, a few bottles and a little cooler to put them in, a bottle warmer, an extra shirt for me because it's guaranteed he'll spit up on me :), a few differnet blankets, several burp cloths, an aspirator because I can't stand it when he gets boogies in his nose, a snack for me because breast feeding = super calorie burner = mommy gets tired!!, about 10 diapers and a zip loc filled with "wet ones" for the many diaper changes, Aveeno baby lotion for his sweet sensative skin, hand sanitizer, about 5 pacifiers since mommy or Parker normally drops several on the ground, an empty zip lock bag to put any soiled clothes in and last but not least a box of Infant's Mylicon - because my baby likes to pass gas like it's nobody's business..... and if we are going to be somewhere for too long and I can't feed Parker myself, I have to bring along my breast pump bag which is a COMPLETELY different bag - about 10 lbs - and I wont' even go into what is in that! :)



Chris and I on the trolley in Savannah... Parker slept through it :)



The Appenfelder Family on the ferry boat.


Jac, Chris, Hoppy and Nana on the ferry boat.


Parker was SUPER tired after his busy day of sleeping and being carried around by his mom and dad!


Me and Parker after a long day of walking around Savannah!
Chris and Parker hanging out at home last week.


When Parker is hungry he tries to latch on to anything in plain sight.... hence.... Chris' nose being sucked on...


Just a random Savannah picture I took while we were waiting in line to get on the ferry boat.



More Savannah

All in all - our first trip out of town with the Parkster was pretty fun! Pretty tiring - but pretty fun, too! :) Not sure when we'll try to venture out again... I am still recovering from last weekend!

1 comment:

ducklynn said...

I love all the pictures! You definitely have way more energy than me - but for me the overwhelming feeling went away at about 3 months. Emelia was sleeping through the night which helped a lot! Of course - I wasn't breastfeeding and I wasn't back at work yet which also helped!