First of all - Parker is doing MUCH better. His waking up and screaming incident only happened the one night and he has been pretty good since then. Something is definitely bothing him - his nose is a little runny and I am SURE I can see a little teeney weeney speck of tooth coming in on the bottom. I know it's got to hurt. So - thank you all for your thoughts and prayers :) But Parker is much better and is wonderfully healthy :)
My wish this Wednesday is that our precious and sweet Jack Russell, Buddie, would be happy again.
Ever since we had Parker, Buddie has been somewhat of a sad little doggie. He doesn't get played with near as much, he gets near to zero exercise, he gets nowhere NEAR the amount of attention he has gotten the past 4 years of his life with us. He definitely is loved just the same, but it's just a different type of love. In fact, most people would look at how we treat our pups and think that our dogs are the most spoiled rotten dogs ever - but we hold a pretty high bar at how our sweet little pups need to be treated. And ever since we brought his attention stealer (Parker) home, he has just been sad. And all this sadness has caused quite a bit of issues for the poor little pup - bladder issues, not eating issues, restless night issues. We keep praying that Buddie would just snap out of it and come to love this new life. Jack, our lab, has done a FABULOUS job at adjusting. He LOVES his nap time - he naps all day long. He doesn't really like to play ball or fetch or tug or anything. He just likes to nap in your lap or next to you if Parker is in your lap. He likes to lay next to Parker on the floor and nap. We always joke that at night he's just so sleepy from sleeping all day - so he sleeps more. Jack is the PERFECT dog for a family with a baby. Buddie on the other hand is in DESPERATE need of attention - as much as possible. He is also in need of EXERCISE as much as possible. And I worry that these jealousy issues with Parker may turn into something worse. So - Chris and I are back and forth EVERY DAY about what to do with Buddie. On one hand, we say we need to do the RIGHT thing and find a GOOD home for him where he can run and play. On the other hand, we are totally selfish, and want to just keep him to ourselves forever. He is such a precious dog with a precious personality and we have so many awesome memories of him over the past 4 years. I truly love my dogs and I want what is best for them - but I would TRULY be so, so, so sad without Buddie.


No comments:
Post a Comment