Monday, October 19, 2009

6 Month Doctor Visit


Not really sure what to think - he can faintly remember seeing that dumb lion on the wall before - but really can't remember how he remembers the lion.....

Poor Parker had to spend his day of being a 6 month and 1 day old baby at the doctor!  His check-up went well - he was pretty happy the entire time.  He had lots of very important conversations with "the lion" on the wall and showed all his awesome (and not so awesome) personality traits to Dr. Furr.  This included talking candidly on cue - being INCREDIBLY cute - giggling for her when she tickled him.... as well as spitting up all over the floor and on my 'dry clean only' pants.  Parker has this very special ability - you see.  He can SPOT 'dry clean only' clothes!  It's amazing.  He sees someone has a 'dry clean only' peice of clothing and IMMEDIATELY begins to spit up all over it!  It's really amazing.  I have learned a great trick of leaning forward a few inches when I see the half digested food coming back up and his spit up splatters all over the floor - sometimes onto my feet/shoes and the person standing near me shoes/feet as well.  But - it's better than spending $100 a month on dry cleaning! 



He was starting to remember what happened the last time he saw Mr. Lion and he grabs his best friends - his feet - for some quick relief in hopes that he mean lady won't come and poke him again!

Anyway - he showed all of these awesome abilities to our doc!  She was very impressed with him and answered about 2 million questions we had about the flu shot and the H1N1 shot.  She was awesome and patiently answered them all but I could SEE behind her sweet smile that she had probably been explaining these answers to about 20,000 different mommies and daddies in the past few weeks.  I finally decided to stop asking and I just trusted that God had led us to the right doctor (basically just using the same doctor my sister Whitney and her husband Doug had decided on after several pediatrician interviews over several week nights they set apart before their Kayley was born.... this is something we never took the time to do and just decided we would do what I so often do - and do what big sis Whit does!) and that we would trust Him and her to take care of our little boy. 



Mommy's view.



Looking up the lion for some support.....

Here are a few videos of Precious Parker - the first is of him before he knew the shots were coming.  The second - is very sad - but for some reason I really wanted to document it.  Some may think it's so mean to document such a terrible time in a precious child's life but I love seeing Parker's eyes look up at his daddy right before he gets his shots.  There is SUCH an amazing trust behind those eyes.  Parker just always trusts his mommy and daddy to always do the right thing - to always make him feel better - and he always knows we are there for him.  Seeing him look into his daddy's eyes - hearing his cry - hearing his daddy's soothing voice over him - seeing his daddy hurt for him - and then seeing his daddy scoop him up off the table make him feel all better.  Amazing. 









Of course while taking this picture I realized I was possibly the worst mommy out there - and that I had to be the cruelest mommy in the world for making my son be in any pain what-so-ever!  Another thought in my head was - my child is SO INCREDIBLY HANDSOME and I think he is looking a little more like his mommy every day :)  If I do say so myself....

1 comment:

The Del Angel Family said...

Oh gosh...I know that red faced, paci shoved in mouth, holding our hand pose too too well...it made me tear up and i didn't even watch the video! Parker is so precious I can't stand it! Wish I could see him :)