So - what else should I do besides BLOG!
There has been one thing in particular I've been meaning to blog about - but never seem to remember when I'm blogging - which is normally done while I'm feeding Parker or pumping... lovely I know... or in this case... waiting to save $3 on crappy shampoo :)
GOING PRIVATE. I go back and forth and back and forth on this ALL THE TIME. I even got really close once and asked all my friends who read my blog regularly and would want to be included on the "list" of people who can still read it with a password and log in name to email me or comment on the blog to let me know! Then I never got around to doing it... there were about 50 or so people who replied and I was THRILLED that that many people read it! And I am glad to say I'm not the only one who has struggled with this.... Some of my bloggy friends and I have chatted about this before. Part of us wants to protect our families, our babies, our privacy - from the outside world and WHATEVER cooky people are out there that could be reading into our life. But the other part LOVES the fact that you can share memories and life situations with other friends that you don't necessarily know very well.
For instance - a girl name Terri moved into a house about a block away from us when we lived in Smyrna.
Another mutual neighbor told me I HAD to meet this girl because she reminded her so much of me! I didn't think much of it - I was pregnant, in the midst of packing up my house, working full time, blah blah blah - I wasn't really interested in meeting some random girl who I probably wouldn't see again after I moved anyway! Well - a few weeks before we were moving, I had dinner with my sweet friend Hollie and she was telling me about this girl named Terri that moved a block away from me and she was awesome and I should totally get to know her. Uh huh - you guessed it - it's the same girl! So - that night - I decided to stalk this Terri girl to see what she was all about and why everyone said I should get to know her! So - I found her on facebook and sent her a message and asked to be her Friend... which she accepted by the next morning :) (I'm glad I'm not the only social networking addict around here!) While checking out her FB page, I saw her BLOG link! YAY! I was super excited! I read all about her - and we had SO many things in common and all our mutual friends were so right! I needed to meet this girl! Well guess what - I didn't even meet her until AFTER we moved and now I am so sad I didn't meet her sooner. ANYWAY - the point being - we have such a sweet little friendship. It's fun to relate to each other in so many things that we are going through together (pregnancy, infants, baby boys, etc...) and I would have never been able to form this friendship if it weren't for her BLOG! That WASN'T private!
Ok - 9 more minutes to kill time - which I'm glad because I have another bloggy friend I must talk about...
The Keight Case.
I met Keight's now husband the first or second week of my freshman year at Georgia Tech and I kind of became friends with this whole little group of girls and guys and we all went to CCF throughout the week together. I think Jesse and I even had a class together - I think it was Political Science - not sure to be honest. Anyway - I think that is when we became friends because we would study together. I think that's right - I may need Jesse to confirm that. EITHER WAY - we became friends my freshman year through CCF and through a class we had together. Well - I left Tech after my 3rd year to go to Kennesaw State University and my 4th year of college - I studied abroad in Salamanca Spain for 3-4 months. Jesse was also in Salamanca during the same time I was there, but he was doing some mission work for CCF. He and Keight were just dating then - but she came to visit him for a short while. And Chris also came to visit me for a week or so (this was also the same time when he proposed to me in Paris) but while Chris and I were eating at Burger King in the Plaza Mayor in Salamanca (I think that's where it was) we ran into Jesse and Keight and I met Keight! Okay - that is the ONLY time I have ever met Keight - and I was sure that she wouldn't like me because while I was a student at Tech - I had it FIXATED in my mind that all athelete girls hated my guts. I lived in a dorm with (I think they were basketball players) over one summer there and I was scared to death of those girls. I have no idea why I though that - but anyway - I was sure Keight probably hated me too. But ANYWAY I also found her blog through Jesse's FB page a year or so ago when we were both preggers and I totally fell in love with her blog. Likewise with the Terri situation - Keight and I were preggers at the same time - had kids only a month or 2 apart and we have so many things in common. Over the past few months we have bounced advice off one another through e-mails and FB messages and blog comments and it has been SO fun to talk about all the things we are experiencing similarly. ALL OF WHICH WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED if her or my blog were private!
Okay - it's 11:30 and I just tried to sign up for my free crappy shampoo and aparantly I can't read a calendar because the deal is over. Bummer. Oh well - at least I got to write about these few random things I've been thinking of lately :)
So - anyway - this is my dillema. I love meeting new people through blogs - it's fun and totally random and I honestly think that God led me to meet Terri and Keight through their blogs! They are both super Christian girls who deal with the same issues I deal with every day. And it's just NICE to know there is another new mommy out there who loves to kiss her baby boy's bottom, too... and it's NICE to know that you're not the only one who is experiencing double digit jean sizes for the first time and totally hating it... and it's NICE to know that you're not the only one who got knee fat as a side effect from pregnancy! And it's NICE to know that it's OKAY if your marriage is struggling every now and then - especially after a baby. It's NICE to know that you're not the only one who struggles with her quiet time every day - especially after baby. It's NICE to know you're not the only one who dreams of being a back up singer for Carrie Underwood and having her legs and her hair. Helloooo! If that doesn't sound like God's intervention then I don't know what is :) Just kidding - but not really - but really - but not really :)
And as a side note - as I was finishing up that last sentence - my sweet Buddie came into eye shot of me and peed on the floor - right in front of me. This dog and his pea-sized bladder are driving me nuts!
GOOD NIGHT!

2 comments:
Hey girl, I just found your blog and I'm so excited you have one too! We've had ours for about a year, but it's still very much a work in progress, haha. See you next week :)
Just saw where you were in GT CCF! I was in CCF at Georgia Southern, met my hubby there, and our CCF minister went to Tech before starting our program 12 years ago!!! Small World... It was a great ministry during college!
Post a Comment