So - Chris and I had BIG plans last weekend. We were going away - for 3 days - ALONE! We've been planning this trip for MONTHS so that I could be in my sweet friend Emily's wedding! Well, we took off Thursday night and stayed at my mom's friend's house then woke up bright and early Friday morning to enjoy some sightseeing before the rehearsal and dinner on Friday evening! It started out GREAT! We were able to check into our room early, we grabbed some awesome pizza at a place called "pi" and then decided to go see the arch. It was 1:00 by this tme - rehearsal dinner was at 6:15 - we had PLENTY of time to get down town and back. NOT so much. We decided to take the train downtown so that we wouldn't have to worry about getting lost and paying for parking, etc. So - we RUSHED to the train station and missed the first train. No problem, right?!?! St. Louis trains are NOT as Smarta as Marta in the ATL. Trains come like every 20 minutes. Well, we finally got to the arch around 3:00 and the next tram to go to the top of the arch was 4:45. We spent all the time and trouble getting down there so there was NO turning back. We decided to hang out on the lawn below the arch until our tram time was ready. We ended up having to ride up AND down the tram in separate cars because they needed single riders to take up space in other little cars. We knew we were a little crammed for time, but we had no idea how crammed. The arch was great - however - while in line to get in our tram car, I get a text from my brother-in-law who was with Parker containing this picture.
I immediately start crying and am SO worried about my baby who has never thrown up before! Turns out my brother-in-law decided Parker should get on the swing and instead of swing, he should spin in fast circles. Well - guess he couldn't take it. I was still pretty worried. That obviously put a pretty big strain on the afternoon - not to mention that we finally get out of the arch around 5:45 - and we are at least 45 minutes away from the hotel - and the rehearsal dinner starts in 30. We miss a train - and it ends up being TOTALLY Chris' fault some how - (who knows - it made me feel better) - and then miss ANOTHER train later. What a crazy day. We made it back - and we were only 30 minutes late to the rehearsal. Well - after the rehearsal and at the dinner - I decide to call my in laws and check on my sweet baby - who I was ASSURED was just motion sick before - and well - I find out he's been barfing all day... every time after he eats. I of course start to bawl and want to be with my baby more than ever while he's sick. He was in GREAT hands - don't get me wrong. Mimi is a nurse and if I had been home with him while sick, I would have called her for advice anyway. BUT - that doesn't take away from the fact that I just wanted to be with my baby when he was sick. So - that ends our first night. Saturday morning brought Chris and I both wonderful trips to the toilet - I felt better after a bit and decided to go work out at the awesome hotel gym. This obviously wasn't a great idea as I ended up throwing up at the hair salon later that day. Which led to an entire day of eating saltines and Sprite. To which I then later made my way down the aisle at Em's wedding just to black out and have to sit down while fanning myself for the remainder of the wedding ceremony. AWESOME! I know.
Enjoy the pictures!
Bored.
Chris checking out the view of St. Louis from the top of the arch.
At the rehearsal dinner - this was pre-tears....
All of Em's Bridesmaids
Me and the beautiful bride... could you tell I had the stomach bug? I think I hid it well...
The gorgeous bride!
And her "something blue" shoes!
Holly the Trolly took us to the reception!
IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!
I was beginning to feel better by this point... just in time to go home!
And guess what - I'd do it all over again for my sweet Em :) I am so glad I was still able to be part of her big day! College roomies just do about anything for each other!

1 comment:
SHUT UP this did NOT happen!!! I've been to your blog a couple times, but this is the first time I'm actually reading your posts (I always got distracted before). I don't have another patient until 11, so it's catch up on the Hull family time :)
Anyways, this is awful, I'm so sad this happened :( I know you were looking forward to a romantic weekend with Chris :) I am in a friend's wedding in 2 weeks - her name is also Emily, so I'm hoping my luck is better!
Post a Comment