Saturday, November 17, 2012

Granny visits - Caroline 11 months!

My 93 year old granny lives in Cocoa and we just don't get to see her too often!  Caroline met her for the first time in May on our way down to West Palm Beach with Chris' family.  So Granny made the trip up with her daughter, my Aunt Linda, to visit Linda's kids (my cousins) who just moved here from Chicago!  We loved seeing our family and spending time together!
Funny story about the pink phone in the picture.  Caroline played with that thing nearly the entire day we were there!  I was playing with her on the floor for a bit and I grabbed it from her and said, "Oh, hello!  Oh, you want to speak to Caroline?!  OK - here she is!  Say Hello!"  I handed her the phone and by golly that child said, "Hello" right into that pink phone!  And she has not stopped saying "Hello" since that day!  It cracks us up! All she has to do is see my phone (which is also pink, go figure) and she starts saying "Hello" non stop.  She's gotten to where she'll say it to people, too - in the grocery store line, to other people I'm on the phone with, to people on the TV, to people talking on the radio....... you get the point.  It's also pretty cool that her grand granny got to witness her first words!

Here is a video we tried to take right after she said it 3 times in a row... she didn't really say it for us in the video, but she sort of said it once.  Anyway, it was the closest I caught on camera for the first time! 
Parker and Caroline with Aunt Linda
Love this smile!  And I love this picture of her because she actually looks like a huge baby!  That never happens!
Cousin Kenny has a cool motorcycle!  Parker was in love with it!




Caroline turned 11 months in mid October!  Her pictures are getting more and more difficult to take as she's getting more mobile... it normally takes me 5-6 shots to get a good one of her.  This time it took me at least 50!  Here is a very small sampling.





And here's the keeper!  I took this picture in the morning when the sunlight was shining bright in our den so her hair color looks REALLY light.  Don't get me wrong, it has definitely gotten lighter in the past 11 months, but it looks almost bleach blonde in this picture.. and that is not quite the case.  But she definitley is blonder now!
HAPPY 11 MONTHS BABY GIRL!

No comments: