Don't let these pictures fool you.... soccer was pretty much anything but fun for us this year. After the first few weeks, I dreaded to go and even sent Chris and Parker to soccer and stayed home with Caroline a few times. Park needs a little more time to learn how to stand still for more than three minutes and actually follow instructions on a big open field that is just CALLING his name to run free on! ONE of our main goals in all this was for Parker to get some great exercise... well that he definitley did. The kid would run MILES AND MILES.... we would take our eyes off of him for 2 seconds... look up and he would literally be 5 soccer fields away!
At the end of their last "game", they got medals. I literally spent 45 minutes of this last practice chasing after Parker while he was deliberately disobeying me (and his coach) the entire time... needless to say... as soon as we got in the car, I took his medal from him I was so angry. Ahhh - these are the days, right?
Kayley was so proud of her medal! She showed it off to random people in the crowd.
Parker getting his undeserving medal.
The two kids talking about their awesome medals.
Here's to hoping that next year will be better! Actually - not sure we will try this next year. I think we need something more contained... maybe tennis?

No comments:
Post a Comment