Wednesday, November 21, 2012

October - Tanner's Birthday, Casino Night

After KK's birthday party, we rushed home to get ready for Chris' company's Christmas party (Casino Night!)  His company always holds their "Christmas party" in October because it's actually possible to find a weekend everyone is available in October!  Anyway, before the Christmas party, Mommy and Caroline had to make an appearance at a very special boy's first birthday party!  We knew looking at our calendar that our day would be crazy fitting everything in, but I've made it a point to attend all of the babies' birthdays who were all belly friends with each other before birth!  I loved experiencing my pregnancy with some of my best friends and I just couldn't stand to miss any of the parties!  I could only stay at Caleb's for 30 minutes and I was only able to stay at Tanners for 15 but I made it happen!  Kristin did an UH-MA-ZING job with everything.  The decorations were amazing, the cake was absolutely precious and I just hated that I had to leave early!
Pretty mommy and baby!

This is one of the main reasons I had to be there!  If anyone is more of a fanatic about getting group pictures of these babies together, it's definitely Kristin!  We were missing our Life Group baby add in, Christa and Eli, but the 4 born in 4 months were all there!  :)
SWEET BIRTHDAY BOY!
Yeah group pictures of the babies are impossible these days.
Her treat table!
The party favors that Kristin and her mom made - so cute!
The grub table - beautiful like everything else!

Loved these decorations!  I wouldn't be surprised if these end up painted red and green and put up at Christmas time!

Kristin did an amazing job with everything!  Happy birthday Tanner!  We love you!
After our second party appearance of the day, I rushed home just to hop back in the truck with Chris to go to the CBI Casino Party!  We each started with like $10,000 (in play money of course) and we were free to gamble the night away!
 This is Chris' boss, Steve, and his awesome wife, Corinne!  They open their home to everyone each year for the party and just do an amazing job hosting it themselves!  This is one amazing couple.  First of all, they love Jesus and run their business, CBI, with that in mind at all times.  Second, they treat each and every employee like family.  I have never felt so at home just by walking into an office.  Truly amazing couple.


 Gambling away!




 The whole group!

 Concentrating hard!


 At one point in the evening, the guy in charge said he'd give $10,000 (in fake money) to the first one who could bring a tube of lip stick up to him!  You better believe I ran up there with my lip gloss (I never wear lip stick - yuck!)
 Then he said the first 5 women to get a man to wear that lip stick got an additional $10,000.... um... that's me in the blur!  Ha!


 Claiming my prize at the end of the night! 

 The newest addition to CBI is Marie!  Marie was the pastor's assistant at our old church, Mountain Lake, and CBI is so blessed and thrilled to have her on their team now!  I was excited to see a familiar face at the party, too!
Gambling away!

After everyone left the party (which was at Steve and Corinne's house) they started up the fire in the back yard and we all cuddled up around it! 
The rest of the weekend flew by!  My parents were staying with us that weekend (because they were in town for KK's party) but they woke up early on Sunday to go to Burt's pumpkin patch with Whit's family.  We chose to stay home because, my goodness, we were tired!  We did go to church and seeing it was the first chilly Sunday this year, I was so excited to put Caroline in some of her CUTE winter clothes she had in size 12 month!  Well, guess what, none of them fit, so I opted back to a 3 month outfit that Aunt Amy and Uncle Jeffrey gave her when she was born and it fit great!  :)
We spent the rest of the afternoon napping then heading to Home Depot and Lowes for some more porch shopping!

I swear this girl gets cuter every day... and a little blonder every day!
After I made Caroline's photo video collage to play in the background of her birthday party the next weekend, Park and I sat and watched it and laughed at all the fun pictures and videos of Caroline.  :)  This kid is so much fun to hang out with these days.  He's my little buddy... and I feel so blessed to be home with him and experience this part of his life every day!

No comments: