Caroline just grew closer and closer to walking in September! She's 100% comfortable standing up and cruising along any piece of furniture she can find. She loves Parker's walk behind lion toy that he got for his first birthday!
Our Wednesday nights are always filled with fun with Family Night Supper at church followed by Awana for Parker and bible study for me and Chris. On our way home, we always pass McDonalds and on the hot September nights, we would always stop by and get a $1 ice cream cone! Yum! My car is permanently sticky and icky because of this tradition, but that's OK. :)
This girl is a mess. I could fill a book with pictures of her different hair disasters she wakes up with!
Modeling her new turkey outfit Mimi bought her from Rockin' Robin in Waycross! Our dear friends growing up actually opened this store in Waycross and we love it! They post all their new arrivals on facebook so I do my shopping and then call Mimi and tell her what is on Caroline's wish list!
Parker never wants to take pictures unless I'm taking one of Caroline - then he magically becomes a perfect little model who sits still and smiles for the camera!
Modeling her Turkey outfit! So excited that her cousins have the same outfit and we will all be together on Thanksgiving day! Can't wait to snap that picture!
Aunt Nicki came to visit one evening in September! We haven't seen Nicki in sooooo long thanks to her super busy job, marathon running schedule and boyfriend, but we love getting visits from her! Caroline loved seeing Aunt Nicki again and Parker too! And mommy especially loved seeing her!
It's just normal that you will always find Chris working on the porch any weekend we are home (hardly ever) and not busy (hardly ever) but Caroline has grown used to just always seeing Dada outside! She goes to the door window to look for him all the time... especially on weekends. :) She loves talking to him through the glass.
Dada caught a yellow jacket for Parker and Parker LOOOOVED playing with it in this tennis ball can. He was so proud of that thing!
Whitney and Doug's church, FBC Roswell, had Parents Night Out one evening in September so we all took advantage and left all four kids there and went on a double date! We had a blast together. We went to Rice in downtown Roswell (Thai food) for dinner and then went to a yummy dessert place for dessert!
Whit and I at Rice.
Our yummmmmy desserts!
My handsome man and I at our dessert place!
The big kiddos could care less than we left them... Caroline, on the other hand, I think cried the entire time we were gone. :( She's starting to have separation anxiety.
The night after our screens were up on the porch, we invited Jon and Robin over for our first porch party!
Chris' company built a Zaxby's in Cumming so we were invited to their pre-opening and got to enjoy a free meal! We invited Jon and Robin after church and had a great time. Parker loved the balloon outside the restaurant advertising the grand opening in a few days so we let him get out of the car to go stand next to it. I think he thought it was a real hot air balloon!
Playing peek-a-boo at lunch one afternoon!
We went over to Aunt Whintey's one evening for dinner because both our husbands were out of town and we enjoyed a pre-dinner picnic outside!
A McDonald's opened up nearly RIGHT in between Sienna's house and our house! Park has possibly had 3 Happy Meals in his entire life (all have been on road trips), but he somehow sees the golden arches and immediately begs for a Happy Meal! I guess they made an impression on him. Anyway, since it's opened, we've only bought him one meal from there (and maybe several ice cream cones!) but the first time we did, we bought one for Sisi, too and took it to her! Our kiddos loved their McDonalds To Go lunch date!
One thing I love about staying home, is that I'm able to help all my friends by watching their kids sometimes! Amy and I obviously use each other on a weekly basis, but every few weeks, we get to watch Angela's baby, Caleb or Kristin's baby, Tanner. We were watching Caleb one day and it was just too nice to not go out for a walk! We don't have a "triple" stroller so Parker walked about half the way (and half a mile) then complained that his feet were hurting (probably because he insisted on wearing his crocs!) so he hopped on the front of the stroller.
I wanted to get a head start on finding Caroline's Halloween outfit so we went to Whit's house one night to try some of her costumes on. Garrett modeled the giraffe costume for us and Caroline modeled the bunny!
Park seriously LOOOOVES going to school. He gets so excited every time we pass the school and screams "THAT'S MY SCHOOL MOMMY!" In car line every morning, he begs to be unbuckled as soon as we pull into line so he can sit up front with me until his teacher comes and gets him in car line. He is always so happy to go to school - I love seeing him love it. I just hope that love continues!
Here we are hanging out in carline before school one morning.
I love to go on stroller dates with my friends every once in awhile. Here is Caroline with her buddy Tanner before a walking date one morning.
September began all the fun fall festivals in our area! We ventured out for the first one on a Saturday afternoon and Caroline loved meeting Monkey Joe! She had no fear and went right in for a high 5!
Dylan wasn't so sure about Monkey Joe.
All the babies were able to make it to the festival so the mommies left the big kids (Sienna and Parker) at the jumpy house and walked down to the coffee house for a yummy drink and we took a pic of the babies together. They looked like the stroller brigade! Caroline, Tanner, Caleb and Dylan!
All those teeth! By September she had cut her bottom ones in completely and her top 4 (all in the front) all came in a row. Starting with her far left one, then the front left, then the front right and the far right one (just before the incisor). By the end of September, she had a steady 6 teeth!
She uses those teethies a lot! This is a picture of the top of her crib where she gnaws on the wood every day when she wakes up. Lovely.
She and Dylan are just the best of buds... just like Sienna and Parker. I mean, I guess Amy and I sort of force them to be. :)
Caroline turned 10 months in September! Keeping her still long enough to take a picture is NOT easy anymore! I found that if I would give her a "prop", she would do much better at keeping still for a few seconds. Thank goodness her smiles come easy - otherwise her pictures would not be near as cute. I'm lucky if I get one picture of her sitting still these days!
And here's her growing chart!
Sienna is Caroline's "might as well be" big sis! She loves to help me take care of her when she's over.
I saw this shirt at Wal Mart while walking to the check out counter one afternoon and fell in love with it! It fits out little itsy bitsy girl perfectly! And I knew when I was buying my 10 month old baby a onesie in size 3-6 months that it really would be perfect for her!
Check out those curls! Any time her hair gets wet or gets some food in it or anything for that matter, it curls right up! I love it! I haven't ventured out to put product in her hair yet, but I'm close! I mean, we started putting gel in Park's hair at 9 months... might as well start soon with her!
I made all of Caroline's baby food in bulk and after a few months, I realized she was hardly getting any GREEN veggies. At least not a consistent amount. So I went out and bought organic spinach one afternoon and decided I'd make her some spinach baby food thinking it'd last a few weeks like all her other baby food does when I make it in bulk. Oh - no. This $7 container of spinach made this one bowl of food. I was not happy. And - she - of course - hated it! We were about to start traveling some and I knew I was going to have to give her some store bought baby food so I used this adventure as my cue to go ahead and buy some green veggies baby food from the store! I still had bags and bags of other veggies I had made, but opted to not make any more and just start phasing her out of it. She was eating mostly little pieces of our food at most meals anyway and was doing great with it!
Park randomly found his sunglasses one morning in carline and begged me to take his picture! Who could say no?
After school that same day, he brought home a crown! He also begged me to take his picture with it on!
My cheese baby... you can see in this pic how her top teeth came in one at a time - but all within a few days of each other. Her far left one is the biggest, and they get smaller across the top of her mouth.
Near the end of September, we headed to Hillcrest Farms to pick some apples! We met my sister and her family there and also Sienna and her family as well! They had tractor trikes for the kids to ride around a track and Park loved riding them! Sienna wasn't into riding them but she cheered Parker on!
The babies were troopers! They were stuck in their strollers most of the day but they did great!
There was a giant pillow for the kids to jump on there! Park and Sisi loved it! Until Sisi fell down and couldn't get up. Her daddy had to rush in and save her, but she had fun for a few minutes!
They had cloggers for entertainment... and it was definitely entertainment. Seeing those lovely SHORT skirts on those women was definitely interesting!
They had all sorts of slides for the kids to slide down... this was just one of them, but Park loved it!
Waiting at the pig races!
The poor cow that Parker got to help milk... I felt so bad for this cow!
After all the fun, it was time to pick some apples! Parker picked some great ones!
I had my first Girls Night Out with my Sunday School friends at our new church in September! We had a "Just Dance" party! It was a blast!
We all had to pick out our very own head band to wear when we got there!
Chris and I had another date night that same weekend. We had a groupon to the Foster House in downtown Cumming. We had some awesome southern food in this supposedly "haunted" house! We will likely go back, the food was amazing!
We opted out of dessert at the restaurant and went a few blocks over to DQ for dessert! Yummmy!
Ugh - again - this hair.
The last week of the month, Chris had to go to St. Simons, Fernandina Beach and Charleston, SC for work! So - instead of being without him for an entire week, we decided to be crazy and go with him! We stayed in Savannah with my family while he went to St. Simons and Fernandina and we got some fun time in with cousins! Miller LOVES baby Caroline!
While Jac was in school, we headed to Oatland Island in Savannah to let Parker and Miller see some fun animals! Caroline stayed at Nana's house and napped so we had a fun afternoon with the boys!
Our son knows no stranger! He started talking it up with Ms. Pink Hairbow while checking out the owl.
Park and Miller in what an eagle's nest would look/feel like for a baby eagle!
Look closely! There's a gator!
Buffalos!
Back at Ash's house - we took some last minute pictures with the cousins before we headed out for Charleston!
Can't wait to meet sweet little Ivy Elizabeth in December! :) Since she's having a girl, it won't quite even out the boy/girl count in the family, but at least the girls are only outnumbered by one!
Next post: Charleston!!!!! Where we want to move!


No comments:
Post a Comment