Chris and I have been SO great at keeping a weekly date night lately! We started it several months ago without really planning on it, but it just sorta became the norm and when we miss a week we REALLY miss it! Here we are one evening after our date to Longhorn... we actually matched and looked cute so I self timed the camera and took a pic!
On New Years Day, our newest nephew was born! Thomas Walter Brown! We are so excited for yet another cousin to be added into the mix!
THIS little bit became a NON crawler in early January! I expect those chubby cheeks that showed up in December to start wearing down again soon with all these extra calories she's burning off!
We got all sorts of fun monogrammed stuff from one of Whitney's friends who has a daughter named Caroline! How lucky are we! This is one of my favorite pullovers.
I feel like I need to include a pic of Jack every so often... this is one of his many fave spots in the house... he just likes to stay as hidden as possible so he can stay out of our way!
In late December, we started planning a girls weekend with my besties! We started planning for Charleston in May and when we were done, it ended up being a Nashville trip in March! It just so happens to be the weekend before Kristin's 30th birthday so it has now become our birthday bash weekend to Nashville! Cannot wait for this! I have a countdown on my phone!
We went over to Aunt Amy and Uncle Jeffrey's a few times in early January to see Mimi who was staying there and helping with new baby Thomas... Caroline loves playing their piano that is just her size!
Everyone is so happy for baby Thomas to be here!
Park and Caroline with their Brown cousins.
Precious Thomas
My new trendy wreath I made for the front door! This was actually what I used to make Caroline's tutu wreath for her birthday but I really liked the burlap simplicity so I took apart her tutu wreath, hot glued an "h" to it and love it!
Caroline loves..... just about anything. But she actually loves eating pickles! She cracked us up one night with all the pickles she devoured!
This girl loves to be up side down! Anytime we sit with her upright, she throws her head back so that she can be up side down... maybe she'll be an acrobat or gymnast!
Our table that I LOOOOOOVED right after we bought it 3 years ago is just about torn to pieces on the top. So - we moved it outside for the time being and we are using Jeffrey and Amy's table they had in their house but no longer needed it. We love the regular height table that Caroline can easily sit up at and also being closer together while eating. We do plan on bringing in our old table... after Chris can cut it down and refinish it... I just know it'll be months before it's done so we are thankful for this table to use in its place!
Our old table fits outside nicely for now!
Sisi came over for a spend the night play date in early January so that her parents could go to a wedding! These two love each other!
Caroline and Sisi tickling Dylan!
Caroline LOOOOOVES to chat on the phone. She knows exactly what a phone looks like and she will pick it up, put it to her ear, and say, "Hellooo.... uh oh.... bye bye!"
This picture probably looks really strange on my blog but what Parker said when he saw it on the way to school one morning cracked me up! "Mommy!!! Oh no!!! That truck is soooooo sad!"
Chris had to go out of town a few nights in January so we actually attempted a Wednesday night supper with just the 3 of us for the first time! The last time I attempted it, Parker was still getting over his bug (I thought he was over it!) and about 2 minutes into walking into church he threw up everywhere! You can imagine I was nervous but it worked out great! The kids sat at the table with an older couple while I went and got my food, behaved the entire time and we had a blast!
Ms Deven has been babysitting the kids for me while I go to the office every Thursday and I love getting pictures like this while at work! Ms Deven was Park's favorite preschool teacher when he was in daycare. She no longer works in daycare so we snatched her up one day a week and we love her!
These two love playing together... when they aren't fighting each other of course.
Park got some boots with his Christmas money and we can't get them off now! Ha! He would wear them to bed if we let him!
I just snapped this pic one afternoon and it just hit me like a ton of bricks how much this girl looks like her daddy! It's like an exact image!
My handsome boy while we were in carpool line one morning.
We attempted a double date dinner with both families with the Markhams one night! It was awesome! We couldn't believe it! The babies ate and ate... the big kids colored and chatted... daddies talked sports and mommies chatted away! It was amazing!
Because making pancakes in your underwear is totally normal, right?!
We had several days of awesome spring-like weather in January! We spent several days outside where just about every other kids in our neighborhood was! When Park's truck lost battery power, he had no problem jumping in Mia's car and going for a spin!
No caption necessary.... she LOVES to eat!
My first attempt at going to the store with Caroline in the seat and Parker walking with me. It was OK but I don't plan on doing it again soon! Ha!
This little man and I have the sweetest conversations over lunch every day... love him. Below is a funny example of what we talk about as well as some of his other funny sayings lately...
Me: What
do you want to be when you grow up?
Park: A grown up.
Me: What job so you want
to have?
Park: I wanna build a porch just like daddy. And buildings. And scry
scrapers (not a typo - that's how he says it!). And restaurants-es.
Me: Do you want a family? What kind of
family you want?
Park: Ummmm... People will have family will have brown hair. Just
like daddy. I want daddy to be my family when I grow up.
Me: Do you want a
wife?
Park: I want my Mimi and Papa to be my wife.
Me: They can't be your wife.
Park: Ok then just Mimi.
Me: She can't because she's already married to papa.
Park: OK. Then I'll be marry to Sisi!
- Née haw (Yee haw!)
- Tell me a story (He says this all day long! He loooooves stories!)
- Dishwasher = washing machine (He gets them so confused... whenever we can't find lovey Park asks if he's in the dishwasher!)
- Running around kitchen with fly swatter singing "Shoo fly don't bother me!" (Just a normal day)
- And they lived after after after! (What he says at the end of a story.)
- Frankles = ankles
- Park thinks the greatest number is 21. Can I have 21 yogurts? Can we stay at McDonalds for 21?
- It's 30:40. (It's always 30:40 if you ask him the time.)
- Ka Pano = Piano
Me: What do we do on Valentines day?
Park: We SEPARATE!

1 comment:
Awe he wants to marry SiSi! After Mimi and Papa of course tho! SiSi's fave number is "free". 3.
Post a Comment