Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Snow Mountain!

Near the end of January, we had a FUN Parker-only day at Snow Mountain!  We got up at the CRACK of dawn - actually it was before the sun even came up.  Kayley and Garrett had spent the night with us the night before so we loaded them all up, went to Whit and Doug's house, left Caroline there, and headed down!  Parker was just a wee bit excited....
Here we are waiting in line... we were one of the first people there!
Which turned out to just be an awesome thing!  Having the 9:00 start time was just awesome because from 9-10 when the 10:00 group showed up we had a zero wait time and had the entire snow hill to ourselves!
I was trying to capture the drop off you experience at the beginning of your ride, but it was not easy.  I'll just say it was a nearly complete drop off and it was scary!
Park HOPPED right in the tube every time!  He LOOOOOVED it!
Our pirate son.  :)
Before the crowd got bad at 10, we took the nice conveyer belt that took you back up the mountain!  After the crowds came, we went the back way where you had to walk up the hill but don't you worry - I counted it as my cardio for the day!  Especially with a 35 pound kid on my back!
Chris carried him the first time we walked up the hill, I carried him the second then we made him walk the third!  Ha!
On one of our last times down, I REALLY wanted to get a video of Parker's face... it was PURE joy!  So I had my phone out ready to take a video and I got in trouble for not holding on to the tube's strap.  But halfway down the mountain, I slipped it out and took a video all the way down and THEN I got in trouble for it at the bottom... so annoying.  "We are just looking out for the safety of you and your family, ma'am..."  Whatever - I am glad I did it and I love this video!  Chris' Whoooo Hooooos totally crack me up!

After our two-hour time slot was up, we headed down to the snow play area!
Park LOOOOOVED throwing snow balls!
And crawling through the tunnels under the snow!
And we LOOOOOVED throwing snow balls at each other!  We got daddy good with this one!  And THEN we got in trouble.  Yeah - a snow "life guard" lady totally got on to us for throwing snow balls... ugh!  Oh well - we had fun!
I'll never forget this sweet face!
About 10 minutes into the car ride home, he was OUT!
On the way home, we told Parker he could have anything he wanted for lunch with mommy and daddy... he chose pizza but mommy and daddy really wanted Mexican!  So we talked him into getting Mexican!  He loved it of course and his kids meal even came with ice cream so he was way excited!
We got this picture of Caroline while we were gone... Garrett was not too happy about sharing his attention.  Every time Caroline got into one of the chairs, Garrett was right behind her.  So Caroline would get up and move to another chair... Garrett would be right next to her. 
This is just a random shot on the way home from church the next day.  I love looking back and finding these moments... it happens a lot now actually.  I love that they love each other.  :)

No comments: