Tuesday, February 5, 2013

End of January 2013

In January, we said goodbye to Kevin... so sad.  Don't worry he didn't die...Kevin is Reid's brother (Amy's brother in law) and he had been staying with them for awhile but the time came for him to move back home.  Parker and Caroline both loved Mr. Kevin.  We had a big party to send him off and we wish him the best! 
Caroline really put on her big girl pants in January!  She started to chunk up and also really started to move move move!  She's into EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!  It makes for a very busy momma!  At least she's cute!
On the days that Park goes to school, she doesn't get her full breakfast until almost 9:45 so she's pretty hungry!  This little chick can eat and eat and eat!  And you always know when she's done... sits back, legs propped up, thumb in mouth... so predictable!
We've been trying for months to help Parker go all night and waking up with a dry pull up... we are not having very much luck but at least we can have fun with pull ups on our head!
And.... this would be what happens when you have a little girl with very long finger nails!  I had this dumb scab on my nose for weeks!
Her FAAAAAAAAAAAVORITE thing to do right now is PEEK A BOO!  We play peek a boo ALL DAY LONG!
A quick shout out to this little princess, Miriam!  Our friends from our old church in Smyrna tried for years and years and years to have a baby - so when that was unsuccessful - they tried for what seems like EVER to adopt.  That is not an easy process but they finally got their sweet little girl and brought her home!  I followed her entire story of facebook as they brought her home and she is just so amazing... so happy for this family!

Just goofing around one morning before school!
Aaaaaaannnnnndddddd another date night!  :-D
Park loves to work out with me and he's pretty good at a lot of the moves!  He definitely keeps the work outs funny when I'm about to quit!!
I think I wrote in a previous post about how Sisi and Dylan came over for a spend the night play date... but I think these pictures are from that play date.  The other pictures must have just been from some other random play date!  Ha!  We had lots of fun... the kids watched some of The Bee Movie... snuggled up in Mr. Chris' chair of course...
They all played trains....
They helped me make cookies.... and ate them of course...
Then after watching Mr. Chris pass the heck out in his chair....
They passed out themselves.  Ha ha!  Amy and Reid were missing their little babies so much so I snapped this pic for them.  :)
On MLK day, I made a trip down to another world (Buckhead) and met up with the Testanis!  Love this family!  I have known them for at least ten years and consider them a part of my family!  I've watched these kids grow up since Abby was 9 months old.  Love seeing them and spending time with them!
After we met up with them, I walked around the mall for a bit with the kiddos.  I found out a few things... my kids are actually pretty good mall kids!  They were pretty great for about an hour while I walked about 2 miles in Lennox mall!  Ha!  I also learned that I have got to be the most unfashionable person in Atlanta!  Ugh!
On our way back home, we stopped by daddy's office to say hi!  Caroline showed off her new walking skills for a crowd of about 8 people and Parker found his huge bucket of balls they keep in that office just for him!  Or at least that's what he thinks...
I.  Love.  Pig.  Tails!  So fun!  I found these barrettes at the mall and had to have them!  I found them for like $2 at The Icing (yeah - the store that used to be Afterthoughts then Claires... remember that?!)
I was so sad to take them out before bathtime that night.... :(
This.  Dog.  He normally stays out of the way but every once in awhile he'll choose a place that we MUST step over him a million times a day... it's like he's making sure we know he's still there....
I surprised Chris one night and went to his basketball game!  They are always past bedtime so I haven't been to one yet, but I picked the best night to go!  They won by like 30 points!  Jon and Robin stayed at home while the kids were in bed... love them!
On our way home, we stopped by McDonalds for a sundae - my favorite!  We went inside and talked and so we called that our date night for that week!  :)

This is her normal sleeping position and has been since she was a few months old and wasn't swaddled anymore... Parker still sleeps like this!  I may try it sometime... they make it look so comfy.
Just another play date with these kiddos... I could so have 4 kids.... yeah right.
Dylan was cracking me up that day... he had a tennis ball and for nearly 10 minutes, he put it in the oven, took it out, put it in the oven, took it out.... over.  and.  over.  and.  over.  again.
And WHAT would a play date be without a time out?!  Somehow Caroline got locked in the bathroom.  Dylan was the only innocent one because I was changing his diaper at the time of the crime but he wanted to be with Sisi while she and Park were in T.O.
Later that day, KK and Garrett came over for a spend the night play date!  We had a blast with them as always... Park and KK got along surprisingly well (you never know with these two) and I actually let them make a batch of cookies with just a little help from me! Princess KK HAD to wear an apron... such a diva!  I didn't get many more pictures because Garrett went to bed at like 6:30, just a bit after he got here, and most of our night was spent supervising these two kids making cookies! 

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm seeing a theme of kids making cookies at your house...

The Markham Family said...

You could easily have 4 kids.

The Markham Family said...

Love that pic you snapped of Sienna sleeping. Can't believe she didn't wake up an love the TO pic too. Lol.