Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Play Dates

After fall when the really cold days came (or should I say when we'd have a cold spell in between 80 degree January/February days) we sort of stopped going outside during the day.  We would always go out on the warm days, but never on cold.  Til one day, I was literally pulling my hair out on our 5th straight day of really cold weather and so I bundled the kids up in their jackets and headed out!  They LOVED it!  Caroline showed off all her skills and shocked me by climbing all the way up the ladder by herself and coming down the huge slide... by herself!  I had no idea she could do that!



Park has to get a haircut just as often as his daddy does... about once every 2 weeks.  I cut both of their hair myself, but it feels like that is all I do between the two of them!  So - I decided I would cut Park's 2 sizes shorter than usual and it was SUPER short but I got used to it and I could go 4 weeks between haircuts this way! 
We met Tanner at the library one day for story time!  He, like a nice gentleman, took off her socks and played with them the entire time.  He has a sock fetish!
So on one of our 80 degree February days, we rode Park's bike to the neighborhood playground and back.  He fell off his bike... hard... 3 times but I made him get back on and keep riding.  The poor kid was bleeding and all scraped up by the time we got home.  I did feel a little bad and his had this horrible scab on his nose for more than a week!

Caroline and I had a PJ date to Chick-fil-A one afternoon while Park was in school.  I had to run a few random errands and didn't have enough time to go home before picking Parker up so we hit up CFA!  Caroline did not care she was in her PJs (I guess I should clarify that I was not in my PJs!)
She cleans up pretty well... but THIS is what I wake up to!
Mimi and Papa came to town sort of last minute one weekend in February so we made a last minute trip to see them at Amy's house in Marietta.  We always love seeing Mimi and Papa!
During a normal play date with Sisi and Dylan, we all went to wake up C-Line and the kids all begged to get into her crib so I put them all in there!  They thought it was awesome!
Just a random shot I got of these two cuties after breakfast one day... meet Parker and his sister, Chubs!  (Yes - she still always props her feet up after meals!)

Angela watched C-Line and Park one afternoon while I went to my doctor's appointment... Caleb is still much bigger than Caroline (he weighs the same as Parker!) but at least she not dwarfed by these bigger kids any more!  I love her chubby cheeks and legs and arms and belly!
Park HAD to squeeze in for a picture too... he sometimes just can't stand to not be the center of attention... wonder where he gets that from!

No comments: