We try to go visit Bubba and Ms. Sarah at least once every month. They are only an hour and 15 minutes away from us so whenever we have a free morning, we go! When Nano was so sick for so long, I always swore that if I didn't have a job, I'd go visit her all the time. I hate that we hardly ever got to see her in her last year of life. I think Bubba is far from being near the end of his life, but I love going to visit lots anyway!
Bubba was a little under the weather, but he made a huge meal for us and brought it up the driveway to Ms. Sarah's house (he lives one driveway over from Ms. Sarah) and we ate and spent the afternoon at Ms. Sarah's house. She has young grandchildren so her house is super kid-friendly! Bubba came out to play with us for a few minutes then went back inside to rest. But Caroline loved walking around Ms. Sarah's yard with Bubba for a little bit... that girl can't say "Mama" to save her life but she LOOOOOVES saying "Bubba". "Bubba?! Bubba?!"
Ms Caroline... accompanied by her belly gut!
It was a beautiful day the day went down there! I literally ran around outside kicking a soccer ball with Parker for 30-45 minutes... we had a blast. This made me realize WHY it's so important for me to stay in shape! I was running non stop for 30 minutes and was able to keep up with his 3-year-old energy! It felt great!
Ms Sarah played Twister with Parker! He thought it was the greatest!
Ms Sarah is super special because she has a golf cart! In the eyes of an almost 4-year-old, this makes her awesome! She even let him steer and drive... he's so spoiled.
On our way back home, we drove a few roads down from Bubba's to see the "Snapping Shoals"... Park thought it was awesome and begged to go swimming! LOL
You think he was worn out? It was a nice peaceful trip back home... Parker slept the whole way and Caroline stayed awake and sang to me for an hour and 15 minutes!

No comments:
Post a Comment