Wednesday, July 13, 2011

21.5 weeks update

I forgot to update this picture last week - whoops!  This is about one week behind since I'm technically 22.5 weeks today.

Updates:
  • 23 pounds gained
  • Still have great energy til about 9 pm when I just want to lay on the couch and eat cookie dough ice cream.  :)
  • Still working out consistently 4 times a week
  • Still feeling great!
  • I'm starting to get 'the look'.  If you don't know what 'the look' is - well allow me to explain.
    • Person I know - or a random stranger: Oh wow - look at your bump!  When are you due?
    • Me:  Oh - I'm not due til November - I'm only a little over half way through.
    • Person I know - or a random stranger: Oh.  Wow.  (While displaying 'THE LOOK'). 
      • The look can be best described as how you would look at someone who you thought was going to give birth next week and then find out they aren't due for 4 more months.
  • This baby moves ALL the time.  I think it's much more active than Parker ever was... it's hard to remember well... but it seems like it does.
  • Yes - we refer to our baby as "it".  
  • I still have no desire to know the sex.
  • You can now just LOOK at my belly and see the baby moving - totally creepy.
  • I am in no way shape or form ready to have this baby.  I think I'd be happy if it'd stay in there for as long as possible.
  • Parker is SURE he's having a "baby brudder".  He sees our ultrasound picture on the fridge every morning and declares that that is his baby brudder.
  • I think that's about it! 

2 comments:

Pattyann said...

OMG, Kaylee use to make my stomach look like the ocean in a hurricane! I get the opposite of "the look" with both of mine. When I went to the mall with a friend she was due in 3 months and I was due in a week with Kaylee and everyone thought she was due before me. This time when I meet people and mention that I'm pregnant they ask well how far along are you and I say 19 weeks and they say you don't even look pregnant. So we had a big dinner last week and I wore my bump showing dress not the bump hiding dress and everyone finally said oh, now I can see you are pregnant. I think it really depends on how the baby lays, KK and new baby's ultrasound always show them head down and if you were to xray me it would look like they are laying flat along my spine. Maybe your new baby is just curled up!

Whitney said...

This morning, Parker told me that he is having a baby brudder while pointing to my belly and Kayley quickly pointed out to him, "you are not, you are having a baby sister". Then she asked him what his baby's name is and P quietly replied "no" (i don't know).

And I swear I did not tell her to say that or even mention it to him!!!