Friday, July 29, 2011

Where, Oh Where, Are My NEW BALANCE SHOES!!

Parker has been SUCH a great helper lately.  I have been teaching him to pick up our den every evening after he drags his toys in there.  We're still working on the whole "Putting the item BACK on his shelf" but he is definitely getting all the toys BACK into the play room.  Which, for right now, is FINE by me!

Wednesday, we spent about 20 minutes before going outside to play on his swing set by me standing in the middle of the den and telling him what to pick up and take back into the playroom.  (It took a bit longer because the poor kid would get distracted with every toy and start to play with it.)  I could have finished the entire thing in less than 2 minutes... but I really want him to be responsible for his own mess like ASAP.  I was a HORRIBLY messy kid - and it has dragged over into my adulthood (don't EVER ask to look in my bedroom or bathroom) so I'm hoping that by making him do this at a young age, he won't be as messy as I am.

SO - that being said... we are also teaching Parker to pick up his shoes every day and put them away.  Well, he has put my NB tennis shoes SOMEWHERE but won't tell me where.  He definitely remembers taking them and he will tell me that he put them "away" for me... but only God and Parker know where that "away" is.



My NB shoes were about 5 years old - and have been my solid running/working out/every day/walking shoe for that long as well. The soles are FINALLY starting to wear away and I'm really beginning to have sore feet after workouts... so I figured it was time.  My awesome mother-in-law, Mimi, gave me money to buy a new pair for my birthday - but I still want my old ones back, too!  I've kept a few pairs of old tennis shoes lying on the floor of my closet and I've actually had to wear them the past week while working out.  But NOTHING beats the feel of my New Balance 992 shoes... they are my favorite.  I have graduated to the 993 shoe and actually got them in the mail last night (YAAAAAAAAY!) - but I'm going to try my best to only wear these during work outs - and wear my older ones for every day wear.

I can't WAIT to see where those stupid old shoes end up... knowing Parker they are in the most random - yet obvious spot.

2 comments:

The Markham Family said...

Haha! Can't wait to find out where your shoes are! Too funny and cute! Sienna is great about "cleaning up" her toys and just loves "completing tasks". She is SO very task-oriented! Hmm...wonder where she gets that from! We go to our neighbor's to play almost every afternoon and then she will help clean up the toy room when we leave. It's so cute! We also have a basket in our downstairs bathroom with diapers and wipes and whenever we need to change her we tell her to go get her basket and she will go to the bathroom and then bring it to us to change her and then bring it back! Such a little helper! Hoping she stays that way when Baby Dylan arrives! :)

Whitney said...

My guess is in a kitchen cabinet! Can we start a pool on where your shoes are? :)